View Vacancy - JKT - Chevening Scholarship and Alumni Coordinator, EO
Working in the Political Team, the Scholarship and Alumni Coordinator will lead on managing the selection process for new scholars and engage with the c2,000 Chevening alumni in Indonesia and the smaller number of alumni in Timor Leste.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Chevening Secretariat in London to establish procedures and ensure the smooth running of the Chevening programme
- Market the programme to reach target candidates in new and innovative ways
- Overall administration of the programme including handling applications, arranging interviews and ensuring robust budget management
- Provide advice and support to candidates throughout the selection and university application process
- Organise pre-departure briefing and events
- Lead on alumni engagement to ensure that we are in regular touch with as many alumni as possible
- Organise alumni events in support of UK objectives in Indonesia and Timor Leste
- Identify possible new funding partners and help develop and sustain corporate partnerships
- Maintain Chevening website content and oversee networking on social media
- Develop strong working relations with all teams in the British Embassy and the British Council
- A degree majoring in a relevant subject is essential; a post-graduate degree is desirable
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Good IT skills and experience, including MS Office
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under light supervision
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Language: Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia. Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken. For candidates with English as a second language, certification at IELTS (or equivalent) level 6.5 or higher within the last 2 years is required.
- An understanding of international relations and familiarity with the UK would be an advantage
- An understanding of education systems in UK and Indonesia would be an advantage
- Experience of working in similar programmes
- Experience of event management
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities: We place a strong emphasis on learning and development. You will be encouraged to undertake developmental training and get involved in corporate activities. You will have access to existing and new Corporate Services L&D as well as wider job-relevant L&D and support for your own personal development. You will have direct access to the FCDO’s International Academy.
Some flexibility on working from home in line with latest Embassy policy. There will be requirement to work at events outside of normal office hours for which Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) can be claimed.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.