View Vacancy - MNL - Corporate Services Assistant – Logistics & Events, AA
The British Embassy Manila is a large diplomatic mission delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives on prosperity, security and consular matters. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer where everyone contributes to the Embassy’s WORC Values of Wellbeing, Opportunity, Respect and Collaboration.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working within the Corporate Services Team, this role will mainly provide logistical support through transport management. The jobholder will also provide support to organisers of Embassy-wide events, VIP visits, community events and the like. Reporting to the DCSM, this role will provide overall administrative support to the CST as needed.
- Lead on transport scheduling and act as main point of contact in booking drivers’ daily schedule. Manage ad-hoc changes to daily plan to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Support Security Manager in planning routes during visit programmes and assisting Security team on important visits.
- Manage maintenance and vehicle checks of FCO fleet to ensure safety on the road.
- Ensure monthly payments related to the FCO fleet that includes fuel, maintenance, annual insurance payments renewal, and other payments necessary for the function of FCO fleet cars.
- File and countercheck fuel receipts for audit.
- Check and ensure timely submission of driver overtime salaries to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM).
- Ensure the vehicle logbooks are kept up to date and are submitted on time for monthly inspection.
- Manage improvements in resource management for FCO fleet spends.
- Assist in management of embassy wide events
- Assist Protocol officer during VIP visits
- Assist the Residence Manage in income generating events
- Assist the CLO in UKBS community events
- Manage incoming and outgoing diplomatic bag
- Support Security Manager in liaising with relevant state governments such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Customs, MMDA, LTO etc.
- Updates Post crisis management annex as directed while maintaining up-to-date rosters, phone trees, text blast numbers and contact information for all staff.
Other admin work
- Assist in updating Team Sharepoint Site
- Issue mobile phones to new staff, replace defective ones, and maintain an up to date list of Embassy phone holders
- Regularly maintain inventory of mobile phones and log test dates of satellite phones.
- Assist in facilitation of exam in recruitments.
- Act as back up to CSO while on leave or half day-off .
- Assist in updating of CST Sharepoint page as instructed.
- Arrange documents for disposal and paper pulping.
Transport Team – 4 Drivers
- Experience of transport management including monitoring spend
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Can support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
Please note that your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core behaviours listed above.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.”
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.