View Vacancy - Social Media Manager
The Department for International Trade, North American Marketing team is seeking an energetic and creative, flexible, resilient individual with a proven ability to cope under pressure for this demanding, but exciting role. The Social Media Manager will join the North America marketing team in New York.
As part of the Department for International Trade, North American Marketing team, this position will be responsible for managing digital campaigns that are aligned with our marketing strategies and appeals to our client base - primarily a business-to-business audience– with projects designed to support UK companies expanding to the US and Canada as well as North American businesses looking to grow internationally.
The Social Media Manager will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase web traffic, build the digital persona and increase our brand awareness in the North American Market.
The Social Media Manager must bring a creative way of thinking and of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels. Successful candidates should have excellent multitasking skills to manage and develop all of our social media accounts in a cohesive way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop digital GREAT and DIT earned and owned campaigns in North America, lead on a number of specific sector focused and cross- network digital campaigns. Understand the strategy, key audiences and tactics. Work closely with London colleagues (FCO, UKTI, No 10, DCMS) Visit Britain and British Council and external partners and delivery agencies. Inform and advise large virtual teams to enable them to deliver activity across the US. Identify, communicate and mitigate risks.
- Manage external agencies to develop paid digital marketing strategies, implement, monitor and report on performance metrics of DIT’s social media and digital initiatives in N America. Prepare weekly and monthly reports on web traffic, ROI and communicate lessons learnt to senior stakeholders in N. America and the UK
- Manage and build the digital persona of DIT social media accounts in the US, ensuring up-to-date, original and engaging content.
- Day to day management of the Content officer to build a suite of original, high quality content is constantly available. Oversee client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions)
- Monitor SEO, user engagement and content optimization
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy and share best practice
- Develop and implement an effective email marketing program for NA network. Prepare weekly and monthly reports on web traffic, ROI and communicate lessons learnt to senior stakeholders in N. America and the UK
- At least 6 years of social media marketing experience as a Social media strategist or Social media manager (preferably with a PR agency or B2B organisation)
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Proven experience using social media to build brand awareness
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet the
- Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, including experience of working with senior level officials and executives in the US and in the UK.
- Candidate must have strong, quick, thorough and effective communication skills, written and oral.
- Keen attention to detail.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts.
- Email marketing experience
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 15 June 2017. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy.
Internal candidates must inform their Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy and its Consulates are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.