View Vacancy - Corporate Services Manager (Hyderabad/Corporate Services)
"Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and competency questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
Lead the British Deputy High Commission (BDHC) Hyderabad Corporate Services team and contract staff to deliver efficient, cost effective and professional services to the IHMG platform (Partners across UK government).
As the driving force for corporate delivery the job holder will be a core member of the post team, providing continuous improvement of corporate services delivery and provide local insight to inform decision making, collating management information and assessing customer satisfaction.
The job holder will liaise with a range of stakeholders working in the BDHC Hyderabad and the wider India Network and the SAAD (South Asia and Afghanistan Directorate) regional Corporate Services Hubs (Finance, HR and Commercial) and GTPC (Global transaction Processing centre) in Manila.
The job holder will report to the South India Regional Corporate Services Manager in Bangalore as part of the Southern India Network Corporate Services Cluster. Since this cluster model is pilot in India, the job responsibilities may change in future as per the operational need and discretion of Management.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Planning and Leadership 25%
- Provide leadership and planning for the CS Team ensuring efficient and effective delivery against the local corporate services charter; managing and mitigating corporate risks as they occur.
- Act as trusted adviser to local leadership and those on the One HMG platform ‘horizon scanning’ locally to enable proactive resource and activity planning within the Southern India Regional Corporate Services Cluster.
- Actively build and deepen relationships with key stakeholders at post, within regional and global hubs and with external partners to maintain informed and current corporate knowledge.
- Act as the point of contact for the SAAD Regional Corporate Services hubs and the HR and Finance and Commercial Teams.
- Review and align all local polices to global requirements and ensure adoption by all partners on the One HMG platform.
- Provide support to the Post Security Officer (PSO) and Post Security Manager (PSM).
Delivery 50% (Finance 30%, Contract management 10%, Estates 5%, Events 5%)
- Lead corporate delivery at post working closely with the regional HR, finance and commercial hubs and the Global Processing Transaction Centre (GTPC).
- Direct the management of the post estate (the office and one rented residence of the DHC) according to FCO policies.
- Liaise with the TWS (Technical Works Supervisor) and TWO (Technical Works Officer) based in New Delhi for ongoing support to resolve issues and their regular visits.
- To be the designated ‘Contract Manager’ for contracts and act as the ‘intelligent client’ at post, identifying and clarifying requirements, appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators to manage and monitor supplier contracts.
- Ensure appropriate training on ‘Contract Management’ for Corporate Services resources and other stakeholders.
- Oversee operations to ensure effective monitoring of the Pan India Security guards and Housekeeping contracts at the BDHC office and residence.
- Manage the FCO post budget, managing and tracking budgetary allocations of funds for BDHC Hyderabad to ensure compliance with FCO finance and commercial policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement, driving efficiencies and working in collaboration with global change teams.
- Ensure a quality service is maintained and customer concerns are dealt with effectively.
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operations of events at the Residence and other BDHC Hyderabad events at external venues.
- Ensure wellbeing and engagement are maintained within the corporate services team, seeking regular feedback and embedding the values of resilience, respect and expertise.
- Work with the Southern India Regional Corporate Services Cluster Lead in Bangalore ensure cross training within corporate services roles to provide resilience within the teams and across the Southern India Network and plan long term resource and development needs
- Respond to operational crisis, providing leadership and flexing team prioritisation as required.
- Create and embed a culture of continuous learning and development within the Corporate Services team.
- Provide resilience for the ITSO to manage emergency communications.
- Oversee the necessary paperwork required for protocol permissions and develop and maintain good relations with key government contacts in protocol, the airport, customs and the police.
People 15 %
- Be the point of contact for HR at the BDHC.
- Lead on the overall employer offer for the BDHC, including terms and conditions of service and pay and benefits for local staff, ensuring compliance with local labour law
- Offer peer to peer support to the Southern India network.
Provide guidance and act as an escalation point on sensitive staff matters for diplomatic and local staff, including management issues and dispute resolution, engaging with the India HR Delhi and SAAD HR hub as necessary.
- Champion and embed One HMG culture and Values at post.
- Create a culture of continuous performance management within the team and post focused on strengths, growth and achievement.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
5 staff and 100-150k GBP
Language: English and knowledge of Hindi & Telugu is preferred
Level of language required: English – excellent written & speaking skills.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival:
Minimum 3 years of middle management experience working for an international organisation, preferably with direct involvement in HR and /or Finance policy and implementation
A confident self-starter, with proven energy and initiative in overcoming obstacles, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise with minimal supervision.
High levels of discretion, with a resilient, flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
Willingness to learn and develop and undertake the necessary mandatory training.
Strong interpersonal skills; someone who can build contacts and can negotiate, challenge and influence senior stakeholders
Excellent team working skills, to build co-operative working relationships across a large network across the India Network and outside the British High Commission. Experience in managing cross functional teams
Education: Graduate in any discipline with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be INR 62,826 per month plus 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation fund.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs. 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Financial management, contract management, security management, soft skills training, i.e. dealing with (difficult) customers and crisis management. You will have access to a wide range of learning opportunities provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Yes, in line with overall business need and after discussion with Line Manager.
Any other information (or specific local Post requirements):
The British Deputy High Commission in Hyderabad is an office of nearly 20 people with a focus of supporting UK trade and investment, but also covering prosperity, science, innovation, climate change and a range of other bilateral issues. We help deliver successful VIP visits, both of Indians to the UK and vice versa. We do not issue UK visas for Indian (or other) passport holders or provide consular support to British nationals.
The Corporate Services team with the BDHC Hyderabad is part of the UK government’s pan-India Corporate Services Team which ensures the smooth and efficient running of the British High Commission network in India.We provide a range of services to all our Posts in India, as well as to representatives from around 17 UK Government departments and bodies working out of our offices. Our services include Human Resources, Visits & Movements, Finance, IT, Transport, Mails & Diplomatic Bags, Estates and Procurement. Our services are delivered within Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) rules and guidance, as well as value for money.
You will be the Corporate Services Manager in Hyderabad. This role requires a team player with strong leadership skills and culture of customer service with a proactive attitude in helping the team deliver its objectives. You will be strongly organised and have good time management skills. As Corporate Services Manager, you will have excellent communication skills managing a range of internal and external stakeholders from staff, government officials and our suppliers.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Job Application Form.
b) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers.
We will accept only online applications by “8 July ’2020” 23:55 IST midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
‘’Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission.‘’
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.