View Vacancy - Team Support / Trade Adviser (RUS20.231)
Due to COVID-19, you may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Team Support / Trade Advisor.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the United Kingdom Government’s international business development agency helping UK-based companies to export and succeed in the global economy. Its range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support.
Working to the Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to support four Senior Trade Advisors to assist UK companies make full use of the business opportunities in the Russian Federation. The successful candidate will be accountable against Team corporate targets by assisting the Team Leader and Senior Trade Advisors to deliver against DIT targets, including Export Wins, OMIS (Overseas Market Introduction Service) revenue, Export Opportunities and case studies / success stories published.
The sectors covered by the team include, Retail & Consumer Goods, Creative, Fin-tech, E-commerce, Agriculture, Food & Drink, Business Services and Education.
Team Support/Trade Adviser office will be responsible for development of opportunities for UK companies at the Russian market in Consumer Goods Sector and delivering against a set of challenging targets to increase UK exports with Russia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing day-to-day administrative assistance to the team, including managing financial transactions and paperwork;
- Assisting with the planning, administration and delivery of events, including liaison with the British Ambassador’s Residence team and external contractors where appropriate;
- Managing the team’s contacts database and providing assistance in registering team deliverables on internal systems;
- Preparing sector marketing materials and publicity to support the activities of the team.
- Answering specific enquiries regarding the Russian market and undertaking market research for UK companies;
- Assist UK companies to develop their export activities in the Russian market by effectively and proactively developing appropriate networks and relationships with DIT Head Quarters in the UK; Russian, UK and EU business/trade associations, and the private sector
- Undertake bespoke chargeable market reports and research on behalf of UK companies,
- Deliver against agreed targets, including the value of export success for UK companies, the number of export opportunities identified and the value of chargeable services delivered, according to DIT guidelines;
- Other activity as directed by the Team Leader.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Russian;
- Bachelor's/University degree;
- Understanding of broader business environment in Russia;
- Self-starter mindset, able to take on additional responsibilities.
- 2 years' experience of engaging customers, stakeholders and partners at all levels;
- Business Development, Market Research or Trade experience;
- Office management, corporate or administration assistant.
This is a full-time, permanent contract, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 79,157 gross, A2 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
Performance related pay scheme;
Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
- You may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.