View Vacancy - HR Officer (CHEG20.238)
Note: due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the "Additional Information" section below.
The UK Mission to the United Nations in Geneva is part of a world-wide network, representing UK interests overseas. We are looking for a part-time (60 %) Human Resources Officer.
The main purpose of the job is to deliver support to the UK Mission in Geneva on relevant local HR matters. The role is an important part of the Mission and the Corporate Services Team, where the logistics for staff arrivals and departures are managed.
Roles and responsibilities:
HR support on hiring process (local staff and interns):
- Liaising with the HR Hub on recruitment processes
- Providing support in partnership with the HR Hub to ensure consistency in the recruitment processes
- Participating in interview panels
Staff Arrivals and Departures:
- Inducting all new staff, through personal induction and tailored induction pack
- Updating Staff Handbook for staff
- Holding exit interviews for departing staff and feeding back as necessary
HR Contracts/Legal Documents/Administration:
- Issuing new contracts and contract renewals
- Observing necessary requirements during probation periods
- Confirming end of probations
- Reviewing Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) as and when required
- Presenting to the Senior Management board on HR polices
- Advising and assisting staff as required on local HR queries
- Maintaining HR Files
- Preparing ad hoc employment attestations and certificates
- Updating Corporate Services Team of arrivals, departures and recruitment
- Putting together the monthly Corporate Services Team’s newsletter
Wider HR UKMis role:
- Staff Survey assistance; being part of the team for HR follow ups
- Point of contact for Interns
- Performance Management Champion; assisting and participating in the Quality Assurance Committee for staff appraisals and objectives
- Fluent written and spoken English and French;
- At least 2 years of work experience in an office environment preferably in an HR department;
- Knowledge of Swiss Labour Law;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player;
- Strong organisational with very good attention to detail;
- Comprehensive IT skills;
This is a part-time, permanent position of 24 working hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have permission to live and work in Switzerland. Applicants must hold a full passport valid for at least 12 months for any EU / Schengen country.
Please note that local nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the local authorities. Non-local nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of local tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process .
Staff recruited locally by the UK Mission in Geneva are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Swiss employment law.
Due to Covid 19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the UK Mission will not be able to support any cost during the Recruitment and Selection process, Security Check nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.