View Vacancy - Post Security Manager (BIH20.236)
Note: Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy Sarajevo is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Post Security Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the effective safety and security of the British Embassy Sarajevo, of all its staff and buildings (offices and residential). As Post Security Manager, the jobholder will be required to make recommendations and implement improvements as necessary, while effectively supporting and managing Security & Transport Teams at Post.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Ensure effective security of British Embassy staff and buildings (offices and residential) by recommending and implementing improvements as necessary;
- Ensure effective security cover of the Embassy during working hours. Allocate a Duty Security Officer out of hours if required and supervision and line management of security personnel;
- Prepare shift rosters as well as annual leave and overtime records;
- Liaise daily with the Host Nation Police on duty outside the Embassy and ensure regular contact with BiH Police authorities;
- Make regular checks of security equipment at all Embassy premises;
- Ensure that all correct procedures are carried out with respect to incoming mail and that security checks are carried out on all visitors to the Embassy;
- Liaise with other diplomatic missions in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Act as the Deputy Fire Officer. Working with the Fire officer, maintain a Fire Safety Plan and safety equipment;
- Assist Corporate Services with implementing Health & Safety recommendations at offices, residence and other properties, especially with regards to water and fire safety.
- Test regularly the competence of drivers and prepare a list of authorised drivers;
- Monitor the state of vehicles and ensure that all servicing is carried out as required. Ensure service records are maintained for every vehicle and available for inspection;
- Supervision of the official transport fleet, ensuring that the vehicles are properly maintained.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
The jobholder will line manage five security officers.
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken, minimum of C1 level according to the CEFR framework*);
- Proficient in at least one of the BiH constituent languages, i.e. Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian (both written and spoken, minimum of C1 level according to the CEFR framework*);
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a security related role/background;
- Previous line management experience;
- Clean full driving licence, B category;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to set procedures and guidance and follow them;
- Ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving team objectives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly;
- Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge or previous experience in ensuring Health & Safety standards;
- Experience in cooperating with other organisations.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (41 hours per week). The position is offered initially for one year with the possibility of renewal by mutual agreement upon successful completion of three month probation period.
The monthly salary for this position is 3,672 BAM gross per month. In addition, members of staff receive a meal allowance and transport allowance as per Terms & Conditions.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to apply.
Staff members recruited locally by the British Embassy Sarajevo are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Bosnian employment law and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
British Embassy Sarajevo supports flexible working options. In this case much of the work needs to be at the embassy but there would be some opportunity to working from home and there is some flexibility in working hours.
We will also provide opportunities for learning and development, including dedicated courses on security management and opportunities to network and learn from others performing similar roles elsewhere in the region.
Information due to COVID-19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Effective operational proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning; can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions; can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes; can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.