View Vacancy - International Liaison Advisor, NCA (NDL20.225)
Note: Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in The Hague, part of a worldwide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British Political, Economic and Consular interests overseas is now looking for a International Liaison Advisor to integrate our National Crime Agency team.
Main purpose of job:
To provide administrative assistance to the National Crime Agency Attachés at the British Embassy. The job holder must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The role demands a high level of flexibility and efficiency.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Manager and Liaison Officers with general support duties and general administration
- Carry out general financial administration including budget monitoring, preparation of monthly account, processing claims and the payment of invoices;
- Answer telephone enquiries from both UK and Dutch partners
- Process requests from both Dutch and UK law enforcement agencies
- Organise various events such as seminars and workshops;
- Conduct research and analysis from open and closed sources as required.
The job description is subject to changes and may evolve over time and in response to changing circumstances. The role exists as part of a team and all staff are expected to be flexible in supporting colleagues, particularly at busy times.
- Minimum 1 year experience in administrative, financial or other similar roles;
- Degree or MBO Level 4 in Administrative, Financial or Secretarial fields;
- Fluent spoken and written English & Dutch;
- Excellent organisation skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Good IT skills, in particular the ability to order and analyse data utilising the Microsoft Office Suite;
- A high level of discretion and integrity.
- Prior experience of working in a law enforcement environment.
The successful candidate will initially be offered a one year employment contract at A2 level, to cover a maternity leave. The base salary for this position is € 1,548.12 gross per month, based on a working week of 18 hours. In addition, an 8% annual holiday bonus and a monthly travel allowance are payable. The Embassy currently applies a performance based bonus pay model for local staff.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
The British Embassy promotes and demonstrates the key values of Professionalism, Respect and Honesty.
Visa/Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in the Netherlands and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary after 31st December 2020.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
You may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Proficiency Level which comprehends that a person understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.