View Vacancy - Senior Investment Adviser (CZE20.250)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Senior Investment Adviser to join its Department for International Trade (DIT). The successful applicant will work as part of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) team on driving foreign direct investment to the UK from the Central European region. The Senior Investment Adviser in Prague will focus on the Czech and Slovak markets. The Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade and investment around the world; helps to build interest in British goods and services globally; and works to encourage foreign investment into the UK. DIT also brings together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade & investment and to help businesses to succeed. For more information about DIT please follow the link.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Identification of potential investors into the UK from the Czech Republic and Slovakia. You will have a target for companies “landing” in the UK;
- Encourage new high-value investment to the UK from Czech Republic and Slovakia;
- Work with existing Czech and Slovak investors in the UK to increase the flow and stock;
- Work with your colleagues in the Central Europe FDI team to promote the UK as the #1 investment destination in Central Europe;
- Generating new leads in the Czech Republic and Slovakia and managing these companies as part of an investment pipeline of prospects and active projects, in accordance with DIT “One Team” principles to ensure a constant flow of investment from priority sectors into the UK;
- Seek out and develop meaningful and productive relationships with existing / potential Czech and Slovak investors and multipliers;
- Develop and maintain a relevant network of public and private sector contacts to promote the UK as the leading investment destination;
- Organise events promoting the UK as an attractive investment destination and attend external events and conferences, including delivering promotional presentations;
- Travel to meet with businesses in the Czech Republic and Slovakia as well as the United Kingdom.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*);
- Fluency in Czech (both oral and written);
- College / university level degree in a relevant area or equivalent experience;
- At least 5 years of commercial experience;
- Availability for travel domestically and internationally.
- 1-2 years experience in a managerial position and/or managing staff;
- Trade or economic policy background;
- Experience of working in the IT/digital or Engineering or Financial Services sectors. In our team of 7, we would like to have a blend of experience and competence to cover these sectors. The majority of the companies we work with are in these sectors; Business development or previous inward investment experience;
- Good project management, resourcefulness and ability to work on your own;
- Ability to bring diverse teams together to work toward common goals;
- Strategic commercial and economic awareness, ability to build relationships with senior business management;
- An innovative attitude especially towards customer service and performance management;
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, networking and social media, especially LinkedIn;
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams;
- Knowledge of Slovak language.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (37.5 hours net) per week, for a fixed term contract for 2 years. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:30 with a flexible working hours arrangement. Staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 Czech/UK public holidays per year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and 3 months probationary period.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Czech Republic and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility, information will be shared during the recruitment process.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.