View Vacancy - National Liaison Officer - NCA
Main purpose of job
Under the guidance of the International Liaison Officer (ILO), the National Liaison Officer is responsible for supporting the ILO with intelligence research and dissemination, writing intelligence logs as well as having oversight of NCA budgets.
The role will also involve supervision of the NCA Logistics officer as well as supporting with matters relating to logistics, procurement and booking contractors.
The role involves comprehensive liaison with British High Commission (BHC) Corporate Services and Regional Security System (RSS) and various regional and International law enforcement partners.
- Creation of Intelligence logs for submission to the UK reporting on threat areas directly impacting the UK.
- Audits and checks of NCA intelligence systems to ensure compliance in line with NCA standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Analysis of intelligence to assist the ILO with decision making around regional threats and threats impacting upon the UK.
- Liaison with various regional partners including the Regional Security System and Police Forces of the RSS member states arranging regional meetings and managing training requests and security vetting.
- Line Management of the NCA Logistics Officer including setting yearly objectives and creation of performance reviews as well as authorising credit card reconciliations.
- Oversight of NCA cash IMPREST ensuring compliance with SOP’s.
- Effective management of corporate governance in liaison with the FCO Corporate Services Team
- Management of the estate including management of approved contractors, room bookings and the management of building cleaning contractors providing cover during leave periods of the Logistics Officer
- Management of the vehicle fleet including payment of fuel bills, insurance renewals, booking of vehicle servicing and repairs via coordination of the Logistics officer.
- Undertake the organisation of security vetting for staff.
- Management, documentation and administration of all Health & safety (H&S) matters via the Logistics Officer
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Staff: Supervision of 1 Logistics Officer (A2)
Expenditure: Group Procurement Card with maximum limit of £5000.00
- Must have the legal status to live and work in Barbados.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (2 years of college) in a relevant discipline or equivalent supervisory/management experience within a government service or law enforcement agency.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a government service preferably with a law enforcement background.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Optimum organisational skills with ability to demonstrate personal integrity, initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at pace
- Advanced IT skills including MS Office
- Some analysis experience and use of relevant tools would be desirable.
- Previously undertaken civil service/law enforcement Security Vetting.
- The period of probation for this role in 6 months, though the British High Commission reserves the right to extend this in order to fairly assess performance
- A full induction and training will be arranged for the successful applicant.
- The starting salary for this position is BBD 91,971
- This position is not eligible for the BHC pension plan.
- Subject to plan provider approval, group medical coverage is offered after the first month of service
- Core office hours are 38 hours per week: 7.45am-4pm, Monday -Thursday and 8am-1pm on Fridays
- Annual leave entitlement is 16 days rising to 20 days after one year of service. A combination of up to 14 UK and local public holiday days are also observed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.