View Vacancy - DIT Undergraduate Intern
Main purpose of job:
To deliver basic trade activity such as recording, analysis and general support for identified sectors and the markets of Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Track and record potential commercial opportunities in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean and then input this information into the DIT global opportunities online database.
- Conduct market, sector and trade policy research on the Barbados and Eastern Caribbean economies using open source information (websites, spreadsheets, newspapers etc), reproducing results using a variety of channels to allow this information to be communicated effectively.
- Complete administrative duties under the supervision of the Senior Trade and Investment Officer and the DIT Regional Director as required.
- Assist with planning and logistics for trade missions and trade promotion events.
Essential on arrival:
- The ability to read and interpret data accurately
- The ability to conduct detailed market and sector research via various mediums and accurately reflect this data in internal mechanisms and external promotional material
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy across all MS platforms and other data platforms, with the ability to learn new computer software quickly
- Excellent planning and administrative skills
- The ability to work effectively in remote location (home)
- References, preferably professional, will be requested
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a larger, virtual team
- A recent undergraduate who plans further study
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrable research skills
- interest in trade/international business
Must have the facilities and capabilities to work and deliver remotely
Monday – Thursday 8.00 – 13.00
This opportunity is closed to applications.