View Vacancy - AUH/ DXB - UAE HR Officer A2(L)
The British Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai have a vacancy for a UAE HR Officer.
This role concentrates on HR support for the two posts and will be split between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The jobholder is expected to work closely with a wide spectrum of other departments both within the Embassy and externally.
The jobholder will need to attend both locations on a regular basis, but the exact permanent location and the number of days spent at each post will be agreed with the jobholder. They will, however, provide support to both posts regardless of their permanent location and travel between the two posts is required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, manage and cascade all corporate communications in relation to HR matters for the UAE, such as employee engagement surveys, wellness initiatives, appraisals, and learning and development (L&D) offers.
- Manage HR team’s content on SharePoint and shared area, reviewing and updating as needed.
- Coordinate the implementation and delivery of the UAE L&D strategy in coordination with L&D Chairs/ key stakeholders within the agreed framework.
- Work collectively with the Middle East and North Africa Regional Corporate Services HR Hub (MENA Regional HR Hub), Post Security Team, and Government Relations Team to ensure all recruitment, security, and immigration processes for local staff are followed and completed.
- Work in conjunction with the MENA Regional HR Hub to track new staff arrivals and departures and changes in personal circumstances (i.e., promotions and resignations), and inform the payroll lead.
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel records, ensuring compliance with data protection and privacy legislation. Act as the Post’s liaison with the MENA Regional HR Hub on administration issues for our in-house HR management tool (Oracle-based).
- Support the UAE HR Manager in organising a quarterly induction programme for new joiners. Manage the logistical arrangement for induction set-up and follow up with stakeholders on induction day. Review and update the induction pack at least once every quarter.
- Handle daily enquiries from staff in a timely manner. Act as the central point of contact for all medical insurance queries for local staff.
- Monitor any HR cases as assigned by the UAE HR Manager or the MENA Regional HR Hub to ensure line managers and investigating officers are supported through disciplinary and performance processes.
- Coordinate the Interim Personnel Pool (IPP). Ensure IPP membership, advertising, and length of assignments are all in line with current FCO policy.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information, and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction, and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the department and the organisation.
- Demonstrates ability and experience in an HR/ administrative support role.
- Demonstrates initiative, adaptability, and the ability to work flexibly both in a small team and individually.
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to organise and prioritise workload, organise records, and meet deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with internal and external stakeholders. Able to show discretion in handling any sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage at all levels internally and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Very good level of IT skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous HR experience either in the public or private sector.
- Holds a recognised HR qualification (CIPD or equivalent) or currently studying towards one.
- Knowledge of UAE labour law and its applications.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
Travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai is required for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the required competencies in the Competence-Based Questions section of the online application form.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 11:55 PM UAE local time on 08 July 2020.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassies in the UAE are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.