View Vacancy - MNL - Digital Communications Intern
The British Embassy Manila is a large diplomatic mission (around 250 staff) delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives on prosperity, security and consular matters. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer where everyone contributes to the Embassy’s CORE Values of Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence.
Main purpose of job:
The Digital Communications Intern will serve as a key member of the Embassy’s Communications team, providing much needed support in delivering campaigns across the Embassy’s platforms. S/he will support the Digital Diplomacy Officer, as well as the wider team in creation and execution of communication materials that support the Embassy’s programmes and objectives.
Roles and responsibilities:
The jobholder’s role will have the following core responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that has a strong background on digital, and an active interest in digital media.
- Work with the Comms team to deliver digital content on Embassy platforms
- Support in creating engaging social media and other communications content
- Monitor news on social media ensuring real time updates
- Assist in social media analysis work for Embassy platforms
- Assist in organising logistics for Embassy events
- Organisational abilities
- Competence on digital platforms, including actively creating and uploading content and an understanding of social media analysis
- Strong understanding / working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Knowledge in photography and video production
- Graphic design and video editing
- Organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic skills and knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere)
The role being advertised is a full time internship for five (5) months, with a stipend of PhP10,500 per month.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation for the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Philippine Standard Time) on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
This opportunity is closed to applications.