View Vacancy - Executive Assistant, PA to DHM BE Amman
The British Embassy in Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Executive Assistant, PA to DHM, Grade – A2 (L).
Purpose of the job:
The main purpose of this role is to provide secretarial, administrative and organisational support to the Outer Office of the Ambassador and Deputy Ambassador. As PA to the Deputy Ambassador, the jobholder will be responsible for assisting the Deputy Ambassador through diary management, administration and acting as the secretariat for the Crisis Committee.
This is an interesting and, at times, fast paced role in terms of diary management and running the internal embassy meeting calendar. The key components of the job are:
- Responsible for the Deputy Ambassador’s schedule and diary;
- Inbox management for Deputy Ambassador;
- Liaise with all departments across the Embassy;
- Build relationships with a wide range of contacts in Jordan as well as key contacts in London and meet and greet visitors of all levels of seniority;
- Support VIP visits, including setting up meetings for them;
- Organising and communicating the embassy meeting calendar for the larger meetings e.g. Embassy Board, All Staff, Post Security Committee, Crisis Committee and Amman 2020;
- Support corporate communications work done by the Deputy Ambassador including commissioning drafts, drafting, editing and sending messages to all staff and producing presentations for all staff meetings;
- Secretariat for the Crisis Committee including coordination of the Crisis Management Plan and assistance with crisis planning and response;
- Assist Office Manager to the Ambassador (as required) including covering for absences in the Outer Office;
- Ensure receptions/ meetings/ events hosted by the Deputy Ambassador are well-planned and delivered efficiently;
- Maintain registers, diaries and databases as required;
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute as required;
- Take part and assist in duties for the wider Embassy as required.
There are opportunities to get involved in other embassy activities such as learning and development, crisis – where the jobholder will be expected to have a role in a crisis in addition to acting as the secretariat for the Crisis Committee – greening the embassy, wellbeing and advocacy.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Delivering a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive and professional working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done. At all levels, it requires working effectively and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, its about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Leading and Communicating – At all levels, effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint).
- Fluent English and Arabic language skills.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Solid experience of organisation.
- Experience of working in an embassy environment.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on patterns agreed.
Pay is on the Embassy A2 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1075 per month depending on the candidate’s skills and experience. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have the right to live and work in Jordan.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
3. A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) 4 July 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted/interview for assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.