View Vacancy - Internal Communications Officer (FRA21.147)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Paris is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for an Internal Communications Officer to support and develop the France Network community. This includes the Embassy in Paris, our Consulates in Lyon, Marseille and Bordeaux, and the UK missions to the OECD, the Council of Europe and UNESCO.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
Internal Communication: Deliver effective and impactful internal comms to the whole France Network. We want staff to feel valued and part of a vibrant, connected and empowered community. You will help them feel valued, understand where they fit into the bigger picture and know their rights and responsibilities, including through:
- Managing the suite of internal communications products and channels across the France Network, including the weekly newsletter and induction process.
- Designing and delivering staff meetings that achieve a sense of community, common purpose and cross-Network understanding within an atmosphere of openness, diversity and constructive challenge. Currently this consists of two weekly meetings and an annual AwayDay, but advising on their tempo and timing is also part of your role.
- Celebrating successes, including through promoting awards schemes.
- Regularly evaluating and adapting all these in the light of feedback to ensure they stay fresh and take full advantage of new technologies.
Campaigns: Design and deliver internal campaigns (e.g. on good line management), addressing both identified Network needs and wider FCDO objectives. As a member of the wider comms team, take responsibility for one strand of the Embassy’s strategic comms, working also with others in the team to make sure that our internal and external messages are aligned and effective. Lead on UNESCO comms.
Leadership Comms: Work directly with the Senior Leadership Team and Network Champions to ensure their communications and internal staff events are coordinated, congruent and effective. This will include drafting overarching and specific comms strategies as well as key messages, speaking points and follow up emails.
France Network Information Manager: Ensure the France Network Microsoft Teams site delivers the right content and connectivity for the Network. Work with the IT team on the site architecture and document storage. Manage the France Network SharePoint site. Set policies and provide guidance on use of internal communications channels, including distribution lists and email use. Ensure France Network branding is consistent with wider FCDO branding.
- At least two years’ experience in a communications role.
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken,English C2 level according to the CEFR framework, French C1 level according to the CEFR framework*).
- Filming, editing and subtitling skills (eg. Premiere Pro, iMovie, Kapwing, etc.).
- Graphic design skills and experience designing posters (eg. Canva, Illustrator, etc.).
- Simple HTML coding, such as WordPress or other.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Experience of working effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of the full suite of Microsoft office communications tools.
- Experience of working in an Embassy or international organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent position of 35 hours per week.
All appointments are subject to professional background check satisfactory security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of his/her passport or national identity card for all nationalities held, an up-to-date criminal record (casier judiciaire) for recent countries of residence (which can be obtained online at https://casier-judiciaire.justice.gouv.fr ), two written proofs of address (utility invoices and/or bank statements) and two references.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in France are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local French employment law and FCDO guidance for Local Staff. The posts we offer are not an entry point into the UK’s Diplomatic Service.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in France and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Your application will only be considered if you follow the guidance below:
- Your application must be sent in English only.
- Your application must clearly indicate all nationalities you hold.
Information due to COVID-19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.