View Vacancy - Commercial Adviser (UZB21.163)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Tashkent is part of the world- wide UK diplomatic network working to promote British interests and we are now looking to recruit a Commercial Advisor to work at the Commercial Section of the Embassy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying export opportunities for British companies involved in both the Financial & Professional Services sector and the Healthcare sectors, and for promoting these opportunities to UK companies (these sectors may change in the future, as priorities are reviewed regularly). The successful candidate will also be responsible for working with the public and private sectors in Uzbekistan to identify business opportunities for UK companies and they will work to develop and maintain a network of high-level business and government stakeholders in these two sectors.
The successful candidate will also be expected to respond promptly to enquiries from UK companies looking to export their goods or services to Uzbekistan; to provide ongoing support to UK companies already operating in the market and to organise events to promote the sectors and the raise the profile of the Commercial team. The job holder will also be the lead for the team’s marketing and communication plans and for all our marketing activity in country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and develop a network of key contacts across government and the private sector, in order to monitor sector developments and identify opportunities for UK business interested in or already working in Uzbekistan. Provide information, monitor procurement websites and proactively contact UK businesses, ensuring a good quality service is provided to our UK customers;
- Engage directly with UK companies interested in opportunities in the Financial & Professional Services sector and the Healthcare sectors in Uzbekistan, producing good quality detailed reports, market insights and sector or product-specific information and analyses;
- Build strong and effective relationships with stakeholders and clients in the UK and Uzbekistan;
- Arrange high level meetings, events and visits aimed at promoting UK business interests, including official visits of UK delegations to Uzbekistan. Organize webinars and trade missions to/from Uzbekistan in the above mentioned sectors and contribute to the organization of Uzbek-British Trade and Industry Council annual meetings;
- Organise and deliver marketing and communications activity using our digital platforms and other platforms, working with our marketing team in Istanbul.
- Proficient in English, Russian and Uzbek (both written and spoken, minimum of C1 level according to the CEFR framework* / IELTS level 6.5 or above);
- Degree-level education, preferably in business, management or marketing;
- At least 2 years professional work experience in a relevant area, preferably in the commercial sector;
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the business environment in Uzbekistan;
- Good interpersonal and networking skills, including the ability to deal comfortably with high level officials and contacts;
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines;
- Resourcefulness in solving problems; flexible team player;
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail;
- Ability to set and meet own priorities and work with limited supervision;
- Professionalism and sound judgment with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in MS Office suite applications e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Professional experience in either Financial & Professional Services and or Healthcare;
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK business environment;
- Prior experience of working with a private sector, diplomatic mission or international organization.
This is a fixed term full-time contract, for 12 months with possibility of renewal (40 hours per week).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Uzbekistan are subject to the terms and conditions of service according to local Uzbek employment law. All applicants interested in this job opportunity should have the legal right to live and work in Uzbekistan.
The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1/C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.