View Vacancy - JPN (Tokyo) - Investment Projects Lead, Executive Officer
Main Purpose of Job:
Working in a small team with Head of Investment and Deputy Head of Investment for Japan and APAC, this role will support the management of the investment team across Japan (~15 people) and the APAC region (~30 people).
The role will involve leading on special projects, such as scoping and setting up the British Ambassador’s Japan Investment Council; supporting the region’s engagement with the Minister for Investment; and supporting Head of Investment and Deputy Head of Investment to manage the Japan and APAC investment teams.
What will the Jobholder be Expected to Achieve:
Delivering special investment projects
The role will include leading on a number of special investment projects in the region, which may include:
- Coordinating the APAC region’s engagement with the Global Investment Summit, to be held in London in November 2023, which will bring together more than 200 CEOs of multinational companies and investment corporations and showcase the UK as a world-leading investment destination
- Scoping and setting up the British Ambassador’s Japan Investment Council, an advisory body on UK Japan investment, with support and oversight from the Head of Investment
Supporting the region’s engagement with the Minister for Investment
We work closely with Minister for Investment Lord Johnson and are focussed on delivering his vision to strengthen relationships with capital investors across the region. The role will include preparing for engagement with the Minister, and supporting delivery of his vision, including by:
- Preparing papers for meetings with the Minister
- Refining our approach to stakeholder engagement, including stakeholder mapping to understand current status of relationships across the region
- Working with colleagues in London to support delivery of our investment approach
Supporting Head of Investment and Deputy Head of Investment in managing the Japan investment team and APAC investment teams
Working in a small team with Head of Investment and Deputy Head of Investment for Japan and APAC, this role will support the management of the Japan and APAC investment teams, including:
- Managing our regional Investment Deep Dive Project, commissioned by His Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for the region, and ensuring that its conclusions are taken forward across the region, including through our senior leadership conference
- Supporting our performance management, including preparing for and reporting on our quarterly investment reviews
- Organising high level investor events at the embassy
Resources Managed (staff and expenditure): None
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working in an organisation
- Experience working across teams and collaborating to deliver projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities while building positive working relationships with colleagues
- Can-do attitude, flexible and willing to take on new challenges as they arise
Experience working with teams based in different countries
This role is advertised as a 3-month fixed-term contract or until end of March 2024.
- 1 month salary bonus equivalents payable in June and December
(Note: Salary may be reduced due to tax status)
- Commuting allowance of up to JPY35,000 per month (paid on an actual cost basis)
- 25 days paid annual leave (calculated pro rata)
- Health Insurance and Employee pension (kenko hoken/kosei nenkin)
- Employment Insurance (koyou hoken)
Full time and office based. 37.5 hours per week. Part timing working and other flexible working may be considered.
Applicants must be able to secure a local work permit.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core behaviours/qualifications listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.