View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (AUT19.432)
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Officer to join the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with a full-time temporary contract.
The successful candidate will be well organised and have a strong customer focus as well as be able to lend a listening ear. As part of a small team, communication and willingness to help others are crucial. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a supportive team in an international environment.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Administration of cost controlling program (Prism / Oracle based) to submit and track expenses and invoices;
- Residual P2P processes, receiving, scanning and uploading invoices (Vienna and Bratislava);
- Local Human resources administration as required and key contact with HR HUB;
- Accounting ‘house keeping’ such as responding to invoices on hold and supplier maintenance issues;
- VAT/ petrol tax refunds as well as other tax or VAT claims;
- Tracking and assisting best performance on Finance performance score and financial indicators;
- Payment of regular invoices such as mobile phone bills;
- Updates to local staff arrival requirements and information packs;
- Overview of travel guidelines including local hotel contracts and recommended local expenditure;
- General administration and filing including of local staff personnel files;
- Required reminders to staff and communication;
- Occasional translations mainly of letters from local authorities and staff letters required in German;
- Other duties as required including cover for Community Liaison Officer (CLO).
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- University degree (preferably in Human Resources, Finance and/or Accounting);
- 2 years of relevant working experience in Human Resources Administration, Office Management and/or Finance;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as communicate with the team and a broader office platform;
- Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to make a positive change;
- IT proficiency and ability to work across multiple platforms and experience with an Oracle package or similar online database as well as Microsoft office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Demonstrable analytical skills, the ability to make sense of complex information;
- Resilience, and the ability to work under pressure;
- Customer focused.
- A good understanding of written and spoken German would be highly desirable;
- Experience in social insurance registrations/de-registrations will be highly valued;
- Experience with VAT returns.
This is a local staff position in the British Embassy Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees.
This is a full-time temporary position of 14 months (from relevant starting date) of 5 days per week. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 A.M to 5 P.M. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements.
Monthly salary will be €3,085 gross, payable 14 times a year for those liable for Austrian tax. Staff not liable to pay local Austrian income tax will be paid an abated salary of €2,619. Social Insurance contributions will be deducted from the gross salary. Employees are responsible for their own Income tax liability.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Austria and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please kindly note, the interviews for this position (AUT19.432) will be conducted on the last week of September, 2019.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.