View Vacancy - Human Resources Officer
Main purpose of job
The British Embassy is seeking a Human Resources Officer to join the US Network HR team in Washington, D.C. As a Human Resources Officer you will be supporting benefits administration for over 900 members of staff in 14 different locations across the US.
Roles and responsibilities
- Administer all benefit plans for the US including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance, long & short term disability, life insurance etc.
- Provide proactive customer support to resolve complex insurance issues.
- Coordinate open enrolment for all benefit plans.
- Work with the Health and Welfare department in London to ensure continuous medical care to all US diplomats stationed in the US.
- Conduct one-on-one introductory medical insurance sessions for UKB officers.
- Conduct weekly benefit updates for all newly hired locally engaged staff across the US.
- Administer and track all leaves of absence to include those taken in conjunction with Family and Medical Leave Act, California Parental Leave Act, etc.
- Coordinate accommodations granted under the American Disabilities Act.
- On occasion conduct new hire orientation and back-up the HR Coordinator as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and/or 2 years’ experience required (additional years of relevant experience may count towards degree requirement)
- Ability to use MS Office
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement with little or no supervision.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment while delivering excellent customer service.
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.