View Vacancy - Security Guard (NOR19.424)
The British Embassy in Oslo is part of the United Kingdom’s world-wide diplomatic network, and represents British political, economic and consular interests in Norway and is now looking to recruit a Security Guard.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the physical security of the Embassy, including that of its staff, visitors and assets;
- Secure the Embassy compound and its buildings, carrying out regular security sweeps;
- Unlock and lock the Embassy outside office hour.
Static duties from the guard house
- Act as first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries;
- Control of entry and exit for visitors;
- Monitor CCTV and security systems.
- Patrol the Embassy compound and its perimeter;
- Carry out security checks on visitors and vehicles entering the Embassy compound;
- Carry out Health & Safety tasks as directed by the Security Manager.
- Fluency in Norwegian and English (both oral and written);
- Police, Military or Security background;
- Good communication skills and able to communicate courteously with members of the public in person and by telephone;
- Good organisational skills;
- Smart, presentable appearance;
- General IT skills;
- Able to get the security clearance.
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Used to an international environment:
- Basic security guard training (Vekterkurs 1-3 or new Vekterutdanning);
- Full, valid driving licence.
This is a full-time fixed-term position until March 2020, with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement. The working hours are 35 net per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy Oslo are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with Norwegian employment law.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Norway. The Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
The Embassy offers a wide-range of learning and development opportunities, both in the Post, in London and more widely across Europe. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also has extensive e-learning opportunities. All staff are encouraged to focus on their personal development, and 5 days a year are dedicated to learning and development for each staff member.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Norway and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.