View Vacancy - DXB - Accommodation Officer A2(L)
The British Embassy Dubai has a vacancy for an Accommodation Officer.
Reporting to the UAE Head of Estates, you will be responsible for maintaining the local rent budget, including forecasting of rents, and maintaining a property data report analysis. You will source/ recommend all accommodation provisions (temporary and permanent) suitable for UK-based staff in-line with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s (FCO) Health & Safety and Security policy provisions. You will negotiate new leases and future tenancy renewals to deliver value for money. You will also effectively manage and maintain all tenancy provisions, including all on/ off site property stock.
You will procure, maintain, and monitor residential and commercial (office) requirements in line with FCO Accommodation and Procurement policies. You will also maintain and update the FCO’s in-house property database system.
Further responsibilities will include the efficient arrangement of all ‘move in’ and ‘move out’ inspections, including meeting FCO Health & Safety standards for the wellbeing of all staff. You will also be required to communicate effectively and clearly with customers and managers at different levels and demonstrate clear thinking and proactive practices relating to property management.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the UAE Head of Estates/ Estates Manager in administration of sourcing/ recommending properties for new UK-based positions according to the Post Housing Policy and FCO guidance;
- Maintaining a rent budget and associated finances;
- Identifying and sourcing residential properties to meet staff needs, in line with policy;
- Managing property stock levels;
- Supervise and ensure all new leased properties are furnished (hard and soft furnishings) according to FCO standards. Co-ordinating with the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to ensure float items are in a property and ensuring a property is ready for occupation for new arrivals;
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all furniture provisions (office and residential) and dealing with general, day-to-day furniture enquiries;
- Supervision and management of furniture stores;
- Liaising with third party suppliers and contractors;
- Supervision and booking of all temporary and transit accommodation for new arrivals, temporary duty staff, and estate visitors;
- Responsible for securing corporate rates with hotels;
- Raising requisitions, receipting goods that comply with FCO procurement rules and policy;
- Ensure weekly and monthly statistics are compiled accurately for various Management Information, including KPIs, etc.;
- Manage efficient move in/ move out process;
- Maintain accurate inventories and complete and maintain the FCO property asset register;
- Responsible for meeting FCO H&S procedures;
- Participate in the Embassy emergency planning process and assist as required in responding to any crisis.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Making Effective Decisions - Using sound judgement, evidence, and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. Showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing, and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes - Having a commercial, financial and sustainable mind-set to ensure all activities and services are delivering added value. Ensuring control of finances, resources, and contracts to meet strategic priorities.
- Relevant residential property knowledge and knowledge of tenancy/ lease procedures
- Strong customer service/ negotiation and conflict management skills, proven skills in dealing with and negotiating with customers and providers.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, keeping to tight deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure to meet multiple and changing priorities
- Good organisational and analysis skills.
- An effective team player with good interpersonal skills. Proven ability to engage with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English. Ability to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Arabic language skills (written and spoken) will be an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of FCO practices and procedures.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking, on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday. The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours.
Although this role is based in Dubai, the Estates Team is a single team spread across Abu Dhabi and Dubai. You may be required to assist by covering annual leave in the wider team and this may on the odd occasion require attendance at the Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter to their online application form. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 30 June 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.