View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to Her Majesty’s Ambassador (CZE19.319)
The British Embassy in Czech Republic is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Personal Assistant to Her Majesty’s Ambassador to join us.
The main objective of this role is to ensure smooth operation of the Ambassador´s office and provide support to the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission in all of their tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Diary management of the Ambassador´s diary, arrangement of meetings and appointments, coordination of briefing notes for the Ambassador, coordination of Ambassador´s transport;
- Management, planning and supervising of budgets of the Ambassador´s Residence and office;
- Typing of correspondence and minutes from regular meetings; dealing with all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Supervising of the Residence/Chancery budget.
Fluent oral and written Czech and English languages;
Minimum high-school accomplished education;
Demonstrated experience in working in a support administrative role;
Perfect organisational and time management skills;
Good communication skills;
Fast and reliable decision making skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced role.
Previous experience in a PA role;
- Knowledge and interest in Czech and British current affairs.
This is a part-time position and a maternity leave cover contract.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Czech Republic. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Visa/passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Czech Republic and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.