View Vacancy - DXB - Regional Digital Insight & Evaluation Officer B3(L)
The British Embassy Dubai has a vacancy for a Regional Digital Insight & Evaluation Officer for a fixed-term contract of one (1) year, with a possibility of extension.
This is an exciting role at the heart of our Middle East and North Africa (MENA) communications operation where you can help ensure that our strategic communications activity are based on a data-driven understanding of our audiences and that we can demonstrate their impact in support of policy objectives.
The jobholder will use their skills and experience to evaluate and report on the impact of communications campaigns across the Middle East region and support colleagues to improve. As part of our Regional Communications Hub, you will provide input into campaign planning to ensure that communications strategies are based on research and insight and that evaluation is built into campaign plans from the outset.
Whilst based in Dubai, you will work closely and collaboratively with different teams London and other regional colleagues. You will also work directly with Communications Teams in other British Embassies across the MENA region to develop their own evaluation skills and help advice on a data-focused approach to campaign and communications planning. Being open to and learning from the inputs of others, sharing your own expertise freely, and adapting to the rapidly changing media environment are essential for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate the impact of regional communications campaigns and produce succinct, insightful reports in English to summarise impact and learnings.
- Work with local teams to evaluate the impact of local campaigns and provide quantitative and qualitative evidence for local reporting or give teams direct access to evaluation through centrally managed tools.
- Provide support for global evaluation projects and stay up to date on central activity.
- Investigate new and innovative ways - particularly low and no cost - to evaluate communications activities.
- Capture and share audience insight in support of regional and local campaign planning, developing a deep understanding of how to communicate UK values and policies effectively in a sensitive and challenging region.
- Work within your team to ensure regional campaigns are built on insight and planned to incorporate evaluation from the outset.
- Collaborate with colleagues in London to share regional information.
- Investigate new and innovative ways - particularly low and no cost - to gather insight.
- Training and ad-hoc tasks
- Work with local teams to provide advice, support, and training in objective setting, evaluation, and insight gathering and on appropriate insight and evaluation tools. This may be on a one to one consultancy basis or through group workshops.
- When covering for or supporting colleagues, you will have the opportunity not just to design and evaluate content, but also to produce it, whether digital content or copy. As part of an integrated communications hub, you will be able to develop a well-rounded communications skill set.
Key competencies required:
- Building Capability for All - Having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others, and the organisation. Being open to learning, about keeping one’s own knowledge and skill set current and evolving. Creating a learning and knowledge culture across the organisation to inform future plans and transformational change.
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Changing and Improving - Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways. Making use of alternative delivery models including digital and shared service approaches wherever possible.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- In-depth knowledge of professional insights and evaluation software, as well as Google Analytics and native social media analytics functions.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience using data and evaluation to inform communications campaigns, understand impact, and apply learnings.
- Ability to analyse complex information, spot trends, and identify key results and communicate findings clearly, in English, to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with confidence to work on their own initiative. Proven ability to engage and influence at a senior level internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Relevant communications qualifications and experience.
- Experience designing and undertaking or commissioning research.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Digital content production and editing skills.
- Knowledge of digital paid advertising and SEM/ SEO.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience of using Brandwatch and Newswhip products and services.
- Data/ Analytics related degree or qualification.
- Experience in conducting analysis of the impact of political communications and/ or an understanding of the political communications landscape in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Experience of working in a crisis situation or delivering under high pressure.
- Experience delivering training and/or designing training to be delivered by others.
- Language skills in other languages used in the region (such as French).
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking, on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 13,743 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as media and communications work may involve working out of hours to meet business needs. Work outside core hours will be compensated by time off in lieu (TOIL) or, by prior agreement, overtime.
Flexible and remote working to meet individual needs will be considered in line with FCO and Embassy policies.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 27 June 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.