View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant A1 (L) (02/19 DKR) - AU
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Corporate Services Support
Roles and responsibilities:
Administrative duties 40%
- Office stationery and equipment
- POC for SONATEL requests (Embassy only)
- Updating and distributing the telephone list, tree and emergency phone list
- Maintenance of Corporate Services Charter
- Bank runs for cash and cheque deposits and withdrawals in coordination with the Embassy drivers
- Monitoring of the general British Embassy email account
- Raise purchase orders
Protocol/logistics duties 40%
- Distribution of mail and Sending of Diplomatic bags
- Arrange visas for official regional visits
- Hotel and flight bookings for official travel (for bookings CCCs cannot be used only)
- Car booking & invoice management (with car rental companies)
- Request VAT returns “Titres d’Exoneration” to the MFA
Team Support 20%
- Ad hoc Corporate Services and wider team support tasks
- Leave cover for Transport bookings
- “Can do” attitude, ready to learn and improve.
- Experience working in an English speaking environment.
- 1 year experience in an assistant role.
Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
27 June 2019
1 August 2019
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Senegal with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Senegal law to work in Senegal.
- The British Embassy in Dakar is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Dakar is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Senegalese employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.