View Vacancy - DXB - DIT Events, Visits, Marketing and Communications Officer B3(L)
The British Embassy Dubai has a vacancy for an Events, Visits, Marketing and Communications Officer under the Department for International Trade (DIT).
DIT is the UK government’s lead department for international trade and supports foreign investment into the United Kingdom. The jobholder will deliver events, visits, marketing and communications for the DIT teams in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
DIT Sector Leads run a number of events throughout the year, from roundtable meetings, networking receptions, and meet-the-buyer sessions to senior level dinners. This role will involve working on the logistics of these events (often with the main Embassy Events Officer), but also with other stakeholders when held off site, e.g., with hotels, external venues such as World Trade centre, etc. The role means working closely with the Sector Leads in understanding their requirements and then running with the logistics of the events, from booking and paying for rooms/ catering to sending out invitations, managing RSVPs, and promoting the events. Events could be from five up to 500 guests.
The UAE DIT Team host a number of high-level visitors, ranging from senior DIT officials through to Ministers and members of the Royal Family. This role will be integral in organising these visits with the Director and Deputy Director of DIT, Sector Leads, and the Regional Trade Commissioners Office based in Dubai. The jobholder will be required to manage and delegate the briefing packs, including formatting these documents, organise logistics, transport plans, organise diplomatic notes and the ministerial lounge at the airports, and be the liaison point for private offices in HQ. They will also have to produce official diplomatic notes for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, organising their translation and ensuring they are sent through the correct channels.
Marketing and communications
The jobholder will handle internal (UAE) communications, ensuring the whole of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) in the UAE – including, but not limited to Embassies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (particularly the Press Team), VisitBritain, British Council, and Devolved Administrations – are aware of DIT’s activities in market, including visits and events. They will ensure that key internal stakeholders are kept up-to-date on DIT’s work and build and maintain relationships with interlocutors.
The jobholder will also handle external communications, ensuring the Director of UAE DIT’s external facing work is promoted and amplified on social media. They will also assist on speech writing and drafting press releases for senior DIT officials in the UAE.
They will also lead on UAE DIT’s GREAT Campaign, promoting GREAT at all DIT events in market, ensuring visuals are on brand, and collating monthly returns for HQ/ Regional Marketing Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver all of DIT UAE’s events, working with the relevant Sector Lead, Embassy Events Officer, and key stakeholders
DIT UAE hold a number of events in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (and occasionally in the Northern Emirates) at the respective Embassies and in other locations. These events can range from breakfast briefings to large scale evening receptions. The jobholder will be expected to take the lead on all DIT events and manage them from start to finish, including organising all logistics, guest lists, and RSVPs, often working alongside internal and external stakeholders. This role will involve supporting the lead officer working on the logistics of these events (often with the main Embassy Events Officer if they are in the Embassy), but with other stakeholders when held off site, e.g., with hotels, external venues such as World Trade centre, etc. The role means working closely with the Sector Leads in understanding their requirements and then running with the logistics of the events from booking and paying for rooms/ catering to sending out invitations, managing RSVPs and promoting the events. Events could be from five up to 500 guests.
- Deliver all of DIT UAE’s visits working closely with senior DIT leaders in post and in HQ
The jobholder will be required to be the main point of contact for all visits, including senior DIT officials and Ministers. They will be required to manage all logistics, briefings, travel plans, and liaison with HQ, sector leads in market and Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioners (HMTC) and Director of DIT’s Offices. They will be expected to draft all diplomatic notes for official meeting requests, arranging for them to be translated and ensuring onward transmission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Marketing and communications
Promote all of DIT UAE’s activities on social media. The jobholder will work on amplifying UAE DIT’s presence on social media and will be the Post champion for the GREAT Campaign, ensuring all events are correctly branded and recorded. Increase DIT UAE’s presence on social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn. Identify new, innovative ways of engaging business in market through communications and marketing. Establish a network of social media influencers in DIT UAE’s priority sectors.
Key competencies required:
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm, and supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of stakeholders. Establishing a strong direction and a persuasive future vision; managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Managing a Quality Service – Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in event management.
- Experience in visit planning/ logistics.
- Experience in communications/ marketing, particularly social media management.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement across all levels. Experience in working in large, complex environments.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrates high level of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and also working with others
- Ability to multi-task and have good organisational skills. Ability to respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working in a similar role in either the public or private sector in the UK or the UAE.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking, on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 16,492 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evening and/ or weekends) during events and visits. The role also requires frequent travel to the Embassy in Abu Dhabi and to other Emirates when required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 30 June 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.