View Vacancy - Food & Drink / Agritech/ Retail Internship
Main purpose of job
The position will report directly to the Deputy Head of Trade & Investment at the Department for International Trade (DIT) for Latin America in Mexico, and will be based at the British Trade Office in Guadalajara. It will be a part time position until December 31st 2019 starting in August 2019, subject to receipt of a successful security clearance. The contract may be extended, subject to review.
The position will mainly assist the Food & Drink, Agritech and Retail activities in Mexico, but other sectors may be reviewed. This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone interested in business development to work in a great diplomatic mission at an exciting period in UK/Latin America Trade and investment relations.
Roles and responsibilities
The DIT Food & Drink / Agritech / Retail Intern will support the UK’s Department for International Trade Officers, providing commercial support to both Mexican and British companies.
The selected candidate will:
- Support the commercial team in Guadalajara with the Food & Drink High Value Campaign.
- Take on other enquires related to non HVC sectors such as Agritech, Retail, Luxury Goods.
- Assist the team on commercial missions, visits and events that are planned for the year.
- Be able to analyse commercial reports to provide feedback to British companies interested in Mexico.
- Do research and provide a professional analysis to companies interested in the market.
- Prepare news briefings to the commercial team with relevant information regarding the trends in the Food & Drink and Agritech sectors.
- Liaise with stakeholders and relevant contacts.
- Support the marketing Food & Drink and Agritech activities when needed.
- Be able to write reports both in English and Spanish.
- The applicant must be a student of International Business, International Relations, Management, Economy, Marketing, Agribusiness, or related fields.
- The applicant must be in the final part of his/her degree (6th ,7th, 8th or 9th semester).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English.
- Understanding of the full range of MS Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Confident in dealing with a range of contacts at all levels.
- Organised and efficient in work and time management.
- A positive and flexible team player who is willing to contribute to the team’s overall objectives.
- Able to deal with a range of competing priorities in a calm, efficient and professional manner, with a keen eye for detail.
Language: English and Spanish professional proficiency
Level of language required: TOEFL of 580
- Knowledge of the British-Mexican relationships
- Knowledge of the Mexican Agriculture and Food & Drink sectors.
This opportunity is closed to applications.