View Vacancy - Administrative Assistant Chevening Scholarship Programme (TUR19.326)
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant Chevening Scholarship Programme.
Main purpose of job:
Chevening is the UK government’s flagship global scholarship programme which aims to raise future leaders who will maintain lasting positive relationships with the UK. With oversight from the Chevening Officer and Head of Communications, the jobholder will provide support to the team to co-ordinate the overall implementation of the Chevening Programme in Turkey, including opportunities to promote the programme as part of our Public Diplomacy plans.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assist in managing the process of Chevening applications and help promote the Chevening scheme in Turkey in line with the Marketing Strategy drafted by the Chevening Officer (CO);
- To work with the wider team, to support FCO foreign policy priorities and to achieve FCO objectives through creating lasting positive relationships with future leaders/influencers within the Chevening Alumni community and provide support for wider cross cutting themes to promote UK’s soft power;
- To help implement the wider Alumni Engagement Plan in Turkey in order to increase Alumni interaction with the Post through the organisation of joint projects, policy talks (under Chevening Alumni Project Funds), pre-departure and welcome home events;
- To help expand Chevening programme’s outreach and diversify the applicant profile through organising and attending provincial visits to promote the programme;
- To help increase programme’s visibility by helping CO manage social media accounts and suggest creative content to reflect all the dimensions of the programme;
- To update and help manage the Chevening /PPAs database and budget;
- University Degree or equivalent;
- Fluent English and Turkish written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- At least two years of work experience in a support role carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks;
- Strong analytical, planning, time management and organisational skills;
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service experience;
- Good interpersonal skills, including capability to work with senior leaders and stakeholders at all levels;
- Knowledge of scholarship schemes in Turkey or managing similar programmes desirable but not necessary;
This is a full-time, 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week, role under temporary contract of 12 months with possibility of renewal.
The monthly salary for this position is 1,447.61 USD gross, paid in 12 instalments, A2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ankara are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.