View Vacancy - Temporary Immigration Liaison Assistant, Immigration Enforcement International - Bogota
Main purpose of job
Immigration Enforcement International (IEI) operates to prevent illegal immigration and disrupt the organised immigration crime groups behind it, supporting both the Immigration Enforcement mission and the Home Office purpose.
IEI also receives Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) funding to help build capacity within ODA-eligible countries. The ILA support the delivery and administer projects in the region.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
You will be involved in the following key activities:
- Using collaborative working with overseas and UK law enforcement partners to support investigations to disrupt organised crime groups targeting the UK.
- Provide research support to ILOs by obtaining statistical and analytical data that will enable intelligence reporting
- Maintain, populate and update as required various Intelligence databases.
- Building relationships with carriers and host authorities
- Organising and coordinating training plans
- Developing strong and productive relationship with local law enforcement bodies
- Instigating collaborative working with law enforcement bodies, leading to criminal investigations and arrests of those involved in immigration crime.
General Administration & Analysis
- Support the development of operational intelligence products through the collection, interpretation and evaluation of relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources.
- Collation of statistics for weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Maintain Budget trackers of office expenditure
- Providing translation support of reports and emails.
- Providing direct support to ILOs on key operational projects
What we want from you?
ILAs need to have excellent people skills that they can use strategically to build relationships with key partners to assist Immigration Enforcement in delivering its objectives. Excellent organisational and time management skills are key to providing support to the team.
The role of ILA is extremely varied. It will be a fantastic development opportunity for a candidate that is able to manage very challenging workloads, deliver at pace and be flexible in support of business aims. The successful candidate will be provided with bespoke training and support. Once up to speed in the role the successful candidate should be able to work towards objectives with minimal supervision.
Essential on arrival:
- Proficient using the latest version of MS Office.
- English and Spanish (advanced level – written and spoken).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Previous immigration, law enforcement and/or analytical or investigation experience.
- Portuguese language.
This opportunity is closed to applications.