View Vacancy - Press and Public Affairs Internship
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Gathering and drafting information on initiatives of the different sections of the embassy such as: Political, Prosperity, Economic Diplomacy, Defence, British nationals, etc.
- Drafting of press releases on key priorities in coordination with Deputy Communications Officer.
- Translation of documents when required.
- Daily monitoring of national media.
- Management of media databases.
- Journalistic coverage (photography, video-recording and interviewing) during external events.
- Reporting media coverage after each event or official visit.
Internal Communications (40%)
- Production of internal newsletter.
- Updating of internal screen boards.
- Support to logistics and setting of events.
- Journalistic coverage ((photography, video-recording and interviewing) of internal events.
Digital & Design (10%)
Creation of multimedia material (videos, infographics, e-cards, etc.) required by anyone in the office
Essential on arrival:
• Currently enrolled in the last semesters of university degree in communications or a related subject (journalism, advertising, digital marketing, international relations, etc.)
• Available full-time and able to work sporadically in events on nights and weekends.
• Good knowledge of photography, design and video-editing software.
• Responsible, committed to the job.
• Sociable, able to interact and collaborate with different teams.
• Works well against deadlines.
• Interested in the UK.
- Graphic design skills (use of Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Knowledge of world affairs.
There might be learning opportunities for improving video-editing skills and/or social media skills.
Working hours: Mondays to Thursdays 8:30 to 17:00
Fridays 8:30 to 13:30
Full time position. Evening and weekends work may be required to support events.
This opportunity is closed to applications.