View Vacancy - Intern for Department for International Trade (BGR1053)
The British Embassy in Sofia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now offering an internship opportunity in the Department for International Trade (DIT).
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to succeed in Bulgaria and other international markets. DIT also assists overseas companies to bring high-quality investment to the UK’s economy.
The successful jobholder will support the important commercial goals of the Embassy, in particular to identify and promote export opportunities and to support UK companies in responding to these opportunities, ultimately leading to business wins.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Research and post export opportunities on the online platform, and support UK companies in responding to these opportunities;
- Support the team in organising commercial events, including event management and logistics;
- Write and update background reports on doing business in Bulgaria, political and economic developments, and sector opportunities;
- Work on ad-hoc requests from across the team and deliver them in a timely manner;
- Take the opportunity to attend high level meetings with Embassy staff.
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian (both oral and written);
- Education (completed or in progress) in Business, Management, International Trade Relations or similar;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent IT skills.
This is a full-time position (36 hours per week) for six months. Flexible working hours are negotiable with the respective Line Manager.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of BGN 460 as well as BGN 50 transport allowance per month throughout the duration of the internship.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Bulgaria may apply, including all EU/EEA citizens and the family members of EU/EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Bulgaria.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Bulgarian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.