View Vacancy - Border Force International Office Manager (TUR21.125)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a Border Force International Office Manager.
The successful applicant will join a small Border Force team focusing on building collaborative partnerships with law enforcement agencies at the border in Turkey. Reporting to the the Higher Officer, you will have responsibility for a wide variety of office duties.
The successful applicant will be regularly required to translate documents in person at meetings and training events with external stakeholders and will on occasion be required to translate at training courses which are several days in duration. This is a busy and interesting role based at the Embassy, which we are looking to fill with an individual who is a team-player, willing to adapt to the requirements of the position, which may vary during your time at the Embassy.
- Support Border Force Senior and Higher Officers assigned to the team and deputise for them in their absence
- Play a role in the corporate life of the British Embassy (e.g.: crisis exercising)
- Translation of documents and in person at meetings and training events
- Assist in building relationships with law enforcement partners throughout the region, through regular liaison
- Undertake in-depth fact finding and analysis in order to identify the best approach or solution from a range of options;
- Support the senior management team by compiling reports, briefings and presentations as necessary
- Provide a full range of administrative support to the team including, scheduling meetings, writing minutes, managing databases and booking travel;
- Oversee the maintenance of official vehicles, insurance and servicing;
- Arrange servicing of equipment donated to partner agencies and manage the budget for this;
- Assist with financial reporting and the correct running of the accounts, including the compilation of financial forecasts, accurate reports and monthly returns;
- Compile tactical and strategic reports;
- Assist with the review and reporting of ongoing projects within the region;
- Undertake other duties that may reasonably be required, within the grading and core competences of the job.
- Fluency in Turkish and English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*)
- University degree or Bachelor's
- team leading experience of minimum 2 years
- Experience in oral and written translation;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines;
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to learn quickly and develop new skills;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications;
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative as well as being able to work well with others.
- The successful applicant must be willing to travel both within Turkey and on occassion internationally. This may include overnight stays away from home (generally for no more than 5 nights).
- Experience of working with an international organisation;
- Previous experience in office management and working to tight deadlines;
- Budget management experience;
This is a full-time fixed-term contract for 9 months / until 31st March 2022 with the possibility of renewal for one year by mutual agreement, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy in Ankara does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by The British Embassy in Ankara is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.