View Vacancy - Security Officer
Main purpose of job:
To ensure that personnel can work in a safe and secure environment by protecting staff and FCDO assets at the British High Commission (BHC) office and residence compounds.
- Control vehicle and personnel access to the office and residence compounds.
- Provide security of all locations by regular patrolling.
- Monitor the BHC Radio Network.
- Monitor CCTV at both locations and log information as necessary.
- Carry out any other security tasks as directed by Post Security Manager.
- Daily checks of the office compound and residence area.
- Where necessary escort workmen and contractors in the BHC premises.
- Be the first point of contact for BHC visitors / telephone enquiries.
- Good command of oral and written English
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work professionally in stressful situations
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing demands
- Initiative and good judgement
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Windows and Office suite
- Former Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) in the military or Police (or necessary experience to this level)
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset
The successful candidate will be part of a 3-person team working a 42-hour week, 8-hour day and night shift pattern.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount
This opportunity is closed to applications.