View Vacancy - Accommodation Support Officer (Washington / Corporate Services / BEET)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
Provide administrative support to the Accommodation Team in the delivery of accommodation services across the United States.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide general office administration support for the Accommodation Team.
- Lead on all team record keeping and database management ensuring all information remains up-to-date and accurate.
- Work with the finance cell, Accommodation Desk Officers and contractors to ensure invoices are accurately reviewed and paid in a timely manner.
- Support the Accommodation Team Desk Officers and Estates Team with preparing properties for arrival and departure including preparing floats and conducting property walkthroughs.
- Assist in the management of inventory databases and work with contractors to ensure information is fit for purpose and regularly updated.
- Support the team in drafting responses to customer enquiries.
- Support wider Accommodation Team and cross-Embassy outputs as required.
Essential on arrival:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to communicate with all levels of organization and customer base.
- Proven ability to work with in a high paced environment with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage and execute multiple tasks.
- A proven team player willing to work flexibly in support of business outputs.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Experience of working with Oracle based databases an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in an administrative support role.
- Experience of working with either financial or inventory data desirable.
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
8 April 2021
North America, Caribbean and British Overseas Territories
24 May 2021
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work. *A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance. Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount. Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed. The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.