View Vacancy - HR Business Partner
Main purpose of job:
To provide local (New York) HR support and guidance to all staff, and serve as a local conduit for FCDO and local HR policy as part of the US Network HR Team.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Provide guidance to UKMis and BCG management over local New York labour laws
- Assist local hiring managers with procedural support through the hiring process
- Provide guidance and knowledge on US Network policies/procedures ensuring advice is consistent across the US
- Administer FMLA, ADA and required local leave policies in line with USN standards.
- Liaise with HR departments in other government agencies ahead of bringing new staff onto the FCDO platform in New York
- Consult with Americas and MPD Business Partners on hiring strategies for the post
- Oversee the development and revision of locally staff induction processes that benefits New York and other posts across the US Network
- Resolve first level benefit questions for both local and diplomatic staff, and provide support for staff in accessing benefits systems to find doctors, explain benefits and support claim form completion
- Liaise with Network HR on grievance processes involving claims and cases of bullying, harassment and discrimination and leading investigations when required
- Ensure all UKMis/BCG mandatory trainings are carried out and delivering local training of US Network HR policies
- Support Learning & Development committees
- As a member of the Corporate Services Team, carry out any additional duties required across all functions of Corporate Services, primarily but not limited to HR type work.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with a proven track record of working in a fast paced, customer service oriented environment
- Degree educated
- Previous HR experience
- The jobholder will also have an adaptable, flexible, energetic approach, a willingness to learn, excellent oral and written communication skills; especially the ability to communicate with all levels of organization and customer base
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage and execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work. *A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
- HR Certification
- Experience of working in international organizations
Learning and development opportunities:
On the job development based on FCDO policies and guidelines
Network learning opportunities via our Embassy team in Washington DC, with possible travel
Remote working, on occasions, can be supported
Any other information:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a real passion for service delivery. Team members should be able to operate comfortably in a high paced environment, have good communications skills and be able to think innovatively and creativity in their approach to problem solving. Whilst experience in an associated sector would be advantageous, it is not essential; applications from candidates with broader experience are also welcomed. A positive attitude and strong work ethic will be paramount.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.