View Vacancy - Housekeeper (HUN21.109)
Note: due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Budapest is part of the United Kingdom’s world-wide diplomatic network, and represents British political, economic and consular interests in Hungary and is now looking to recruit a Housekeeper.
The successful job holder will provide cleaning services at the Her Majesty's Ambassador Residence, occasional logistical support for goods receipts, welcoming guests and serving duties on an ad-hoc basis, and supporting the Residence Manager and cook in the management of the kitchen during larger events at the Residence.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Residence;
- Laundry services for the Ambassador and family, and for official laundry needs;
- Kitchen help, cleaning and glass and plate washing related to bigger events at the Residence;
- Receive external suppliers, communicate and supervise them, based on direction from the Residence Manager;
- Logistic help with events ( e.g. pick up flower decoration or consumables close to the Residence and deliver to the Residence) based on the consultation with the Residence Manager;
- Serving at smaller events (Refreshments for max. 3-4 persons);
- Provide assistance elsewhere in the Residence as required by the Residence Manager.
- Fluency in Hungarian (both oral and written)*;
- Ability to speak English at an Intermediate level (both oral and written)*;
- Previous experience of cleaning service provision;
- Basic numeracy.
This is a full-time position of 5 days (35 hours net per week) for a fixed-term contract of two years with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Hungary in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Hungarian employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Hungary and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.