View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant - Receptionist
The British Embassy Doha has vacancy for a Corporate Services Assistant / Receptionist (A1 position).
The position is that of Corporate Services Assistant and will report to the Corporate Services Officer (CSO).
The postholder will be responsible for the day to day administration of the Reception area and supporting whole Embassy communications whilst working within Embassy set policies & procedures. As part of the Corporate Services Team the jobholder will be required from time to time to undertake wider work in support of Embassy objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact in the British Embassy in Doha.
- Responsible for handling the switchboard and answer machine messages, in consultation with Heads of Section.
- Daily checking and distribution of the Doha Enquiries Email Inbox.
- Regular checking of the visitor mailbox and preparation of the daily Visitor List and gate passes.
- Responsible for public address announcements.
- Supporting whole embassy communications including coordinating and publishing the monthly Embassy newsletter.
- Support Fire Manager in management of fire alarm and communication systems.
- Maintain Embassy Parking Rota.
- Maintain Embassy Telephone List and Cascade information.
- Distribute newspapers and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Co-ordination of the Drivers' diary and management of transport requests. Documentation, overseeing that correct procedures are followed for recording mileage and petrol consumption.
- Oversee the drivers’ timesheets and report any issues to Line Manager.
- DHL facilitator for parcel collections.
- Supporting with daily catering orders.
- To be a trained First Aider.
- Any other duties as required to support the Corporate Services Team.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Leading and Communicating - Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Previous supervisory and administrative experience is required.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English (minimum IELTs 7).
- Good self-management, organisational and customer service skills.
- Competent IT skills
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team at times under pressure.
- Flexible and positive approach to working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated organisation.
Salary and Employment
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including non-negotiable salary of QR7601 per calendar month and transportation allowance of QR800 per calendar month; a leave entitlement of 25 working days rising to 30 working days; and access to training. Embassy working hours are 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Sunday to Wednesday and 7.30am to 1.30 p.m. on Thursday. This position is offered on a full-time basis and due to the nature of the work, some flexibility on hours will be required. There is also scope for flexible working to meet an individual officer’s personal circumstances.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The successful candidate will need to commence security clearance procedures through the Embassy.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae.
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the
online application form or cover letter.
(Your application must include examples in your cover letter of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications will be 13 March 2017. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
Employment will be subject to the successful applicant undergoing the necessary security vetting procedures.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The British Embassy Doha is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.