View Vacancy - Team Leader, Projects and Next Generation (RUS18.804)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Team Leader, Projects and Next Generation.
The main purpose of the job is to oversee the British Embassy’s growing portfolio of project work across a range of HMG priority areas from rights based issues to developing an enabling environment for investment in the Russian economy, achieving progress against Millennium Development Goals and global climate change ambitions.
To also lead the Embassy’s Next Generation engagement, notably through the management and expansion of the Chevening Scholarship Scheme and other activities to be engaged with Russia’s next generation of leaders and influencers.
The successful candidate will lead a team of four and will work with all the British Embassy teams as well as stakeholders in London.
Candidates must hold British, US, Australian, New Zealand or Canadian passports.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- FCO programme manager for Russia (50%). Managing the delivery of a portfolio of multi-million pound, multi-year projects in three main areas – supporting future leaders, strengthening the rule of law, and developing civil society – and smaller (<£100K) bilateral single year projects which work towards the wider Russia Networks goals. Managing risks in a complex political environment, working closely with policy colleagues and liaising with other donors. The portfolio manager role will combine strategic knowledge of Russia with an understanding of wider UK policy to help devise, manage and monitor programmes which deliver against the Russia strategy;
- CSSF North Caucasus programme manager (25%). Responsibility for the design and delivery of this existing programme which focuses on countering violent extremism in the most volatile regions of Russia. This will involve regular contact with project partners, developing expertise (with Political Section) on the context and challenges for our work in the North Caucasus, and devising methods for evaluating the programme (given the constraints of FCO Travel Advice on Russia);
- Russia Chevening Scholarship programme manager (prestigious post-grad 1yr university placements in UK) (25%). This is being doubled in size to become the largest in the region, funding at least thirty scholarships a year. The role will involve leading the Russia network in getting maximum value from this programme, advertising it widely in Russia’s regions, conducting interviews and keeping in contact with alumni.
- Good knowledge of programme spending and PPM tools;
- Knowledge of Programme Management cycles and techniques;
- Previous experience of large-scale programme management.
- Experience of Russia/Former Soviet Union;
- Oral and written Russian would be an advantage but not essential.
This is a full-time fixed term position until the end of March 2020 with possibility for renewal, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 138,409 gross, D6 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Applicants must hold a full passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: United Kingdom, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and EU countries living (and eligible to work) in Moscow.
All applicants should submit a scanned copy of their passport bio page and resident permit.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.