View Vacancy - Senior Trade Adviser Creative, Fintech & E-Commerce, Moscow (RUS19.265)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Senior Trade Adviser.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the United Kingdom Government’s international business development agency helping UK-based companies to export and succeed in the global economy. Its range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering against challenging targets to increase UK exports with Russia.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of DIT’s activities in the Creative, Fintech & E-Commerce sectors.
The purpose of this role is to assist UK companies to make full use of the business opportunities in the Russian Federation, and to deliver significant business outcomes. It involves identifying relevant opportunities and business partners, answering enquiries about the Russian market, and designing and managing events which promote UK companies, securing sponsorship where necessary. As part of their work, the successful candidate will be expected to achieve results within budget, meeting DIT’s corporate standards for quality of service and also business impact.
In addition, they will be responsible for communications, ensuring that the DIT team uses all available tools to communicate messages about the Russian market to UK exporters as well as UK strengths to the Russian audience. Working in the Creative, Fintech & E-Commerce sectors, they will also need to be aware of broader political challenges for UK companies working in Russia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist UK companies to develop their export activities in the Russian market by effectively and proactively developing appropriate networks and relationships with DIT Head Quarters in the UK; Russian, UK and EU business/trade associations, and the private sector
- Undertake bespoke market reports and research on behalf of UK companies, charging them for the work carried out, according to DIT guidelines
- Deliver against agreed targets, including the value of export success for UK companies, the number of export opportunities identified and the value of chargeable services delivered
(ca. 60% of time)
- Manage events for DIT Russia and securing sponsorship
- Undertake communications work, including speech writing, briefing and social media posts
(ca. 30% of time)
- Provide cover and assistance to the Team Leader and colleagues when required
(ca. 10% of time)
- Fluent in English and Russian, clear and concise written work in both languages
- A proven record of engaging customers, stakeholders and partners
- Good understanding of broader business environment in Russia
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of working in Russia’s Creative, Fintech & E-Commerce sectors
This is a fixed-term contract of one year as a maternity leave cover, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 96,392 gross, B3 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool
- Private medical cover including dentistry
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.