View Vacancy - CBP - Public Diplomacy and Communications Officer, B3(L)
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated person to join our vibrant team to lead on the embassy’s public diplomacy and communications work. They will need to be internet and social media-savvy as they will be responsible for managing the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and any other social media sites we might join in future, and they will also be our outreach guru, proposing innovative ways for the Embassy to engage with those parts of society traditional diplomacy doesn’t reach. They will also produce a bi-weekly media report that will be issued to colleagues based in the region and in London, lead our communication work on specific issues including Climate Change and will need to be able to engage with all sections of the Embassy.
Another important part of the portfolio will be planning and managing embassy events, whether it is the UK’s National Day (the Queen’s Birthday Party), the British pavilion at a STEM festival, or a wide range of representational functions at the Ambassador’s residence. They will also be involved in planning and organising provincial visits. Strong organisational skills are therefore essential, along with creative flair and an eye for detail.
This exciting role requires someone creative, who challenges the status quo, and has excellent judgement. Discretion and sensitivity to both your audience and those you represent will be essential.
- Lead the embassy’s public diplomacy and communication work
- Be the spokesperson for the Embassy and lead coordination with Cambodian and international media
- Responsible for managing the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Responsible for producing a bi-weekly media report
- Planning and managing embassy events, whether it is the UK’s National Day (the Queen’s Birthday Party), the British pavilion at a STEM festival, or a wide range of representational functions at the Ambassador’s residence
- Head of outreach, planning and organising provincial visits and proposing innovative ways for the Embassy to engage with those parts of society traditional diplomacy doesn’t reach
- Degree-level education
- Fluent oral and written Khmer and English
- Sound knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and an ability to respond consistently, professionally and creatively to a range of stakeholders
- Confidence, flexibility and ability to cope under pressure and with changing priorities
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proven record of delivering results, including accuracy and attention to detail
- International experience desired but not required
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary and benefits, leave entitlement, and training opportunities. We offer a salary starting from USD $1,558 per month, great terms and conditions and working environment, together with specialist overseas training.
We also offer 18 days of leave entitlement per annum in pro rata.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Phnom Penh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
You must be eligible to work in Cambodia. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
lf you are planning to relocate for this position, please ensure that you have thoroughly investigated living and working in Phnom Penh and all related costs before submitting your application.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (Phnom Penh local time) on 11 December 2019.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.