View Vacancy - Deputy Head of Corporate Services Team (BGR22.168)
The British Embassy in Bulgaria is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now recruiting a Deputy Head of Corporate Services Team, to join from September 2022.
The Corporate Services team at the British Embassy in Sofia is looking to recruit a full time Deputy Head of Corporate Services team to join from September 2022. The successful candidate will support the Head of Corporate Services in ensuring the effective functioning of the Embassy, including through the efficient operation of the Corporate Services team. Working together, they will ensure that the services the team provides with regards to finance, procurement, estates and maintenance, IT and security, HR are delivered to a high standard. The main focus of the role is Estates and Security.
The Deputy Head of Corporate Services team, in close partnership with the team, is required to build and maintain relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, local authorities and FCDO colleagues across the region to ensure we follow guidance, comply with the required standards and develop best practice. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Corporate Services and will be managing the properties, maintenance and security sides of the Embassy and its estates.
The candidate will be a strong team player, an effective communicator, with good prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing and working with the Estates and Maintenance Officer, to ensure the office, residential properties and official vehicles are fully operational in compliance with corporate procedures and standards. Close work with Technical Team in the headquarter, seeking guidance and advice.
- Maintenance planning and management of its implementation, according to FCDO recommendations for all owned and rented properties, including the Embassy and Residence through Managing a Quality Service.
- Oversee management of external contracts with local suppliers and vendors as necessary.
- Leading on maintenance and refurbishment projects, implemented by the post by demonstrating Delivering value for money, Understanding needs of customers.
- Close communication with internal and external stakeholders in order to plan, organise and deliver the acquisition and disposal of rented properties, used by the post. Ensuring that the process meets all the standards and policies, while taking into account the individuals’ expectations.
- Acting as Post Security Manager. Overseeing the compliance with the security procedures and acting as main point of contact with the security providers.
- Managing the security contract and take active part in the preparation of tender procedures.
Deputy IT Support Officer / ITSO
- Act as the local point of support for all F3G issues and liaison with the FCO Helpdesk when the ITSO is away.
- Overall management of the Embassy’s budget in accordance with corporate policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money when the Head of Corporate Services team is away.
- Implement existing corporate policies and best practices on Procurement, ensuring maximum value for money / savings.
- Line management of 2 staff.
- Fluency at a C1 level both in English and Bulgarian according to CEFR Framework *;
- Excellent customer focus using problem solving and judgement skills to deliver results within set deadlines; superb attention to detail;
- Good communication and influencing skills, ability to manage well both external and internal customer expectations and to develop and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong time management skills - able to work to deadlines and targets, manage a sometimes heavy workload and prioritise accordingly; Ability to work accurately under pressure;
- Positive, proactive attitude and ability to work in a team in a fast moving target-driven environment;
- Strong service delivery awareness, adaptability, flexibility, patience and empathy;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office - Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
- Ability and willingness to drive.
This a full-time and permanent position of 36 hours per week (net of lunch breaks).
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of BGN 2820.00 (gross), (non-negotiable, payable 13th times per year) .
Core skills training and mandatory trainings will be provided by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office. All staff have a personal development plan and access to world class learning and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Bulgaria may apply, including all EU/EEA citizens and the family members of EU/EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Bulgaria.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Bulgarian employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Bulgaria and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the FCDO will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.