View Vacancy - Marketing Manager - Department for International Trade, Toronto
The UK’s Department for International Trade in North America is recruiting for the position of Marketing Manager Canada. The position will report directly to the Consul General and Director-General for the Department for International Trade in Canada and be countersigned by Co-Heads of Marketing DIT (Americas). The position being offered will be on a full-time, permanent basis starting in April 2017, subject to receipt of a successful security clearance. The position will be based at the British Consulate General Toronto but will involve some travel.
This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone interested in business development and marketing to work in a great diplomatic mission at an exciting period in UK/Canada trade and investment relations.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager Canada will implement the UK’s Department for International Trade marketing campaigns in Canada and provide marketing support to the Americas Marketing hub based in New York. The selected candidate will:
- Lead planning and implementation in Canada of agreed priority DIT inward investment, sector marketing and CETA campaigns, working with trade and investment officers, the media and public affairs team of the UK in Canada network and the Americas Marketing Hub in New York.
- Research and create content for marketing campaigns to be used by media and on digital platforms to raise awareness of the strengths of the UK offer.
- Provide advice and guidance to DIT in Canada staff on marketing best practice and processes.
- Collaborate with other UK stakeholders in Canada and enable an whole of UK government approach (including Visit Britain, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London and Partners, Scottish Development International, Visit Scotland and British Council).
- Working with the Americas Marketing hub in New York, develop, deploy and measure effective social and email marketing campaigns to help teams across Canada and the US deliver against their HVC’s.
- Analysis of impact of campaigns (in particular social media) and identify opportunities to expand marketing opportunities and counter misunderstandings of the UK economy.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in marketing specifically in PR and digital and Email marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English
- A confident self-starter, able to form effective relationships quickly both within and outside the Consulate team.
- A positive and flexible team player who is willing to contribute to the team’s overall objectives.
- Able to deal with a range of competing priorities in a calm, efficient and professional manner, with a keen eye for detail.
- Confident in dealing with a range of contacts at all levels
- Organised and efficient in work and time management
- Proven capability to use and analyse metrics of email marketing platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and other social media platforms.
- Uunderstanding of the full range of MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in Design and Photoshop
The position requires pre-existing legal status to live and work in Canada and will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and successful receipt of local and overseas security clearances.
The British Government Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, pension, in addition to generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Canadian employment law.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted by 27 February 2017. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.