View Vacancy - Security Guards S2 (32/19 ADD)
Main purpose of job:
To carry out a full range of guarding duties including checking vehicles and people both entering and leaving the Embassy compound on a 24-hour shift basis.
To follow all written and verbal instructions issued to them by the Embassy security managerial staff.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manning allocated duty post as directed
- Checking that persons entering the compound have the authority to do so.
- Searching both persons and vehicles (Including using scanners).
- Operating access gates to allow pedestrian and vehicular access to and from compound.
- Checking that no goods are taken out of the compound without the correct authority
- Responding to any incident (Bomb, Fire and Incident etc.) as required in accordance with set procedures.
- Always to be a professional, polite, and motivated and smart team player.
- Any other security related task as directed.
At least high school graduate.
Experience in the security with police or military and related field with a proven track record of delivering a quality service
Be open to change and actively seek ways to improve the service of the security section.
Attention to details and good follow up discipline.
Ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision to meet targets with clear and effective decision making skills.
Be an excellent team player and to contribute and support wider Embassy objectives.
Recommendation from previous employer of security experience.
First aid and basic computer skill is an added advantage.
Full Ethiopian driving Licence (car)
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- A full induction training package will be undertaken by the successful candidate.
- Shift working hours are 42 hrs per week
- Day and Night
Annual Leave and Public Holidays:
Locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to paid annual leave as follows:
Up to 2 years 22 days
After 2 years services 25 days
After 5 years services 30 days
In addition to annual leave, the British Embassy observes up to a maximum number of 14 Ethiopian, British and Religious public holidays each year. A list of such Embassy holidays will be published each year. Office Staff required to work on these holidays will be granted time off in lieu or overtime where circumstances permit.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
In addition to salary the successful applicant will receive provident fund, medical benefits, 22 days annual leave and 14 public holidays (after the probation period).
An out of hours call will be given if necessary.
The package also includes a good level of health insurance and an engaging working environment.
This opportunity is closed to applications.