View Vacancy - Administrative Assistant - Special Projects Team
Main purpose of job:
This post provides administrative support to a detached element of the UK Air Warfare Centre (AWC), based at a secure location in North Las Vegas. The Special Projects Team (SPT) provides support for UK flight test activities in the development of UK operational air capabilities. This position carries out a wide range of duties to ensure the smooth running of the team. The role includes administrative and liaison tasks to enable other members of the team to fulfil their objectives in a timely and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general administrative support to all SPT personnel including answering phones, hard and soft copy filing, photocopying, faxing, information dissemination, and scheduling.
Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all SPT personnel, including the staff currency matrix of mandatory administration and training requirements.
Act as a conduit between the SPT, the British Embassy US Support Group and the UK Air Warfare Centre for general administrative and policy matters.
Act as Team Site Administrator (TSA) for the SPT MOSS intranet site.
Co-ordinate and action travel and accommodation requirements for all personnel travelling within the US and overseas.
Assist with the planning of visits, producing written itineraries as required.
Assist with the production and distribution of trial administration, including hard/soft copy outputs of Trial
Instructions, Programme Introduction Documents, Trial Reports, and Operational and Administrative Orders.
Maintain the SPT registry ensuring that all classified material is correctly handled iaw current security regulations.
Maintain the physical security and integrity of the SPT to a high level at all times; appropriately report any alleged security violations, losses or compromises.
Assist the Branch Security Officer (BSyO) to ensure successful audits of SPT security practices.
Where possible, identify areas of improvement in SPT working practices and work with team members to make positive change
Essential on arrival:
- At least one year office administration or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience handling sensitive information appropriately with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with team members and other stakeholders of different ranks, nationalities and backgrounds.
- Effectively problem solve, work independently of supervision, and prioritise workloads applying flexibility when necessary.
- Deliver reliable results within agreed deadlines.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Experience of working with the Ministry of Defence or similar.
This is a part-time, 25 hour per week position for a two year contract. Normal working hours will be Monday through Friday for 5 hours per day, however there may be some flexibility.
- All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Because of the security clearances required for this role, UK nationals or UK/US nationals that have spent significant time in the UK over the last ten years are preferred
This opportunity is closed to applications.