View Vacancy - Security Officer for Berlin (DEU18.208)
The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Security Officer.
The Security Officer will work as part of a small security team to ensure the protection of the Embassy premises as well as its staff and visitors. The post holder will work on a shift system between the hours of 5.00 am and 9.00 pm, Monday to Friday and be part of a stand by duty rota outside these hours. There is also a requirement to occasionally work different hours and weekends.
Furthermore you will be responsible for mail screening, supervision of contracted security guards and other contractors, the monitoring of CCTV and dealing with alarms will also be part of your duties.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written, minimum of C2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Basic level of spoken German;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly with others;
- Ability to understand customers’ needs;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products such as Word and Outlook;
- Experience working in the field of Security;
- Experience working under pressure, or in short term crisis scenarios;
- Due to specific security requirements, we can only accept applications from British nationals for this role.
This is a full-time temporary position of 40 hours per week for a period of two years. The gross monthly salary for this position is €2,826 in addition to a monthly allowance of €216 to compensate for shift work, night hours and on-call duties.
The British Embassy in Berlin has a strong ethos of Learning and Development, including our Learning and Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all Embassy staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the Embassy’s positive working environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Berlin are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Germany.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.