View Vacancy - SH - SDI Trade and Investment Manager, B3
Scotland is world renowned for its heritage, culture and beauty. It is also a very outward looking, modern and knowledge based economy. Scottish Development International (SDI) is the economic development agency of the Scottish Government which works in close partnership with the UK Government’s Department for International Trade. SDI's aim is to support growth in and the internationalisation of the Scottish economy. We encourage investment in Scotland and support Scottish companies to trade internationally.
SDI is looking to recruit a Trade and Investment Manager based in Beijing to support SDI operations in Shanghai and Greater China.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Trade and investment in Technology and Engineering (TAE) and Life Sciences
- Work with Head of East and South China, the Head of North China and senior trade and investment managers to collate and communicate market research, intelligence and insights in TAE and life sciences sectors.
- Work with Scottish companies to support them to win business in China. This will include but not limited to planning and organising events and visits and helping companies meet potential customers.
- Help build pipelines of inward investment projects and promote trade by identifying leads, researching company infomation, establishing initial connections and maintaining existing relationship with companies, attending conferences etc.
- Travel across Greater China region in a regular manner to develop business with local companies and governments.
- Support the work of the wider Greater China and Asia Pacific teams as required.
- Degree in industrial investment, business administration, business development or a relevant sector discipline
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience with a reasonable understanding of TAE/life science markets and development
- A network of connections in Chinese TAE/life sciences companies
- Excellent communication skills: Native Chinese (Mandarin) and fluency in spoken and written English
- Ready to travel in a frequent manner within China
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Research and analysis skills, acquired in a market context
- Strong team-working ability, with experience of partnership working
- Experience of working in international business or trade and investment promotion
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary, performance related bonus scheme, good leave entitlement and insurance plan etc. The gross starting salary for this position before all deductions is RMB 17, 670 (Chinese) per month. We also offer excellent development opportunities and a 22 day annual leave entitlement in pro rata. Conditioned working hours is 35 hours/week from Monday to Friday and flexible working can be arranged upon personal needs. For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/china.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General Shanghai are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (CST) on 03 June 2018.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.