View Vacancy - MNL - Digital Diplomacy Officer, A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
Help transform how the British government uses digital to deliver communications effectively and to help raise the profile of the United Kingdom in the Philippines and Palau.
The successful candidate will work as part of the British Embassy's Policy, Projects and Communications (PPC) section to help promote the UK values and Embassy objectives through the effective use of digital and multimedia tools and techniques. The candidate must have a strong digital background, relevant work experience and an active interest in, and understanding of, the digital media, as well as Philippine and global current affairs. There is some out of hours work required, so applicants should have an interest in following digital channels.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
This role would suit someone who is digital-savvy and looking for an opportunity to work alongside diplomats and be part of the UK government pool of digital diplomacy experts.
- Effectively manage the British Embassy’s digital platforms – Gov.UK website, Embassy’s intranet, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; coordinate with policy officers to help plan and implement innovative Embassy digital campaigns and communication plans; maintain a high editorial quality content and digital output; monitor digital trends; and identify and explore new digital opportunities in the Philippines and in the region.
- Be an active part of the bilateral and communications team by contributing to their wider work, covering for the Press Manager and Scholarship Administration Officer, when necessary and helping on internal communications and corporate objectives.
- Be part of the Embassy crisis preparation team, undergoing learning and practice of how to conduct embassy communications, in particular digital communications, in a crisis situation (eg a political situation, or an event that impacts a lot of British nationals).
- Lead on embassy communications received to UKinPhilippines on digital channels, eg Facebook, and emails.
- Provide support to the PPC team, such as assisting with arranging or preparing for visits or events, procurement, or planning team activities.
- A passion for the internet and digital media, preferably with extensive experience in digital content creation, content management, social community management, social listening, web editing, graphic design, digital photography and video production
- Aware of the latest digital trends and strong practical knowledge of using digital tools (social media, blogs, listicles, sharable videos and articles, curated and crowd-sourced content, infographics)
- Ability to write digital editorial content, plan and implement digital campaigns and weekly digital content; prepare social media analytics and evaluation report
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in both Filipino and English - confidence to speak with senior members of the Government, FCO and others.
- Highly organised, with an eye for detail; able to follow set procedures and meet editorial style guidelines
- Able to take instruction, work effectively and productively as part of a team, and at times, unsupervised
- Work effectively and efficiently to meet challenging timelines, prioritising workloads as necessary
- Knowledgeable of MS Office, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics and Video Editing software
At least 3-4 years experience in digital marketing/campaigning
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed): FCO: International Communication Skills Training and Digital Diplomacy Training
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on a pro-rata basis if the service period is less than one full year), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation in the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to the local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance and passport.
All applications must be received before 29 May 2018 at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.