View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant (ROU18.242)
The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant to provide a full range of financial, procurement and office management support to the Corporate Services section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Procurement
- Invoice batch processing;
- ORACLE requisitions and requests for supplier set up. General ORACLE housekeeping that contributes to high financial performance indicators;
- Support to Corporate Services Officer on VAT (TVA) returns and liaison with suppliers;
- Purchasing with Corporate Procurement Credit Card;
- Preparation of elements of cash accounts;
- Initial point on contact on procurement matters, providing basic advice;
- Maintenance of Staff record files in accordance with Data Protection for use in salary preparation and for local law compliance;
- Deputising for absences of the Corporate Services Finance Officer, including cashier duties;
Office and Human Resource Management
- Receipt, storage and control of stationary, cleaning matters and IT/Machinery consumables. Mobile phone records and administration of billing;
- Assistance to UK diplomats on medical matters and administration of local staff labour medicine. Administration of First Aid supplies and trained First Aider/Fire Warden;
- Regular routine translations and diplomatic correspondence across all areas of the Section. Producing and issuing Identity Badges. Maintenance of Embassy staff lists, facilitating diplomatic visas;
- Transport requests in absence of transport officer;
The current jobholder has acted as the back-up for the Ambassador’s PA and there could be an opportunity for the successful candidate to act in a similar role.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Romanian;
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant area of Studies;
- Minimum 2 year of previous experience working in an administrative /support role;
- Excellent team working capabilities and communication skills;
- Ability to multi task and deal calmly with conflicting demands on time;
- Motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines, without compromising the quality of work or customer care;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficient and comprehensive user of Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel);
- Experience working in an international organisation in the Finance/HR field would be desirable;
- Experience working with ORACLE system would be desirable;
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract for 24 months (35 hours net per week), which may be extended by a mutual agreement. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Romanian / UK public holidays per year.
Monthly salary is 3,099 RON gross. In addition, staff are entitled to a 13th month salary pro rata and may receive a performance related bonus at year end. Staff also receive meal vouchers and a monthly subscription to a medical centre. An individual personal development plan will be agreed with the successful candidate, which may include training outside Romania.
For your information whilst the Emergency Ordinance 79/2017 is in place the job holder will receive a gross monthly compensation bonus of RON 620.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 30 working days.
Expected start date 1 July 2018, however, the candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Romania. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Romanian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.