View Vacancy - MNL - Senior Accounts Receivable Officer, A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
To support the operational delivery of the accounts receivable service to Posts in Asia Pacific, MENAD, EECAD, SAAD and Africa providing reconciliation services to 141 posts, overseeing the accurate and timely processing of Network Post Accounts and receipts.
Provide a quality check function for the team, supporting a culture of continuous improvement to not only meet, but exceed the service standards set by the Service Level Agreement while working to improve financial compliance across the FCO.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Process all Accounts Receivable transactions in your areas within Service levels agreements.
- Complete workload as identified in Workload plan including receipts, NPAs and reconciliations.
- Investigate and pursue the reconciliation of any aging items.
- Investigate any rejected payment promptly registering it in the Bank Amendment Tracker.
- Comply with financial guidance in particular P2P handbook, Challenge and Escalation procedures and audit recommendations.
- Support Manager to assist with daily workload of team addressing bottlenecks and ensuring NPAs and receipts are processed within SLAs.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to standard processes ensuring that any deviations from process are appropriately escalated and monitored to reduce risk.
- Manage all data according to Information Management guidance ensuring it is stored correctly, weeded regularly and shared according to personal data management controls.
- Escalate unresolved issues to Line Manager and perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- Quality check all relevant trackers to ensure the team are actioning them daily. Raising directly with team member if action hasn’t been taken.
- Run reports to sense check data entry to spot and correct data entry errors.
- Investigate and action reports sent by Overseas Cash Management Team.
- Ensure staff are managed according to Performance Management guidance with monthly one-on-ones, SMART objectives, timely MTRS and appraisals and complete at least 5 days development a year.
- Provide support and training to line managee ensuring they are familiar and understanding all necessary processes.
- Act as 1st stage escalation for any customer issues resolving and investigating queries as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for the Customer Engagement Team ensuring responses are provided within SLA.
- Respond daily to queries’ logged in internal team trackers.
Learning and Development
- Commit at least 5 days each year for job shadowing, rotations, attending meetings and training
- MS Excel to level 4
- Understanding of Purchase to Pay.
- Oracle experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Previous Accounts Payable experience
- Customer service background
- Finance Qualification
This position is being advertised as one (1) year fixed term contract.
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation for the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
All applications must be received before 31 May 2018 at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
This opportunity is closed to applications.