View Vacancy - MNL - Corporate Services Officer - Estates and Health & Safety, A2 (L)
Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a Corporate Services Officer to build positive relationships with our internal statekholders. You will be assigned as first point of contact in the move-in process of our UK based officers, ensuring that they remain satisfied with our services.
To succeed in this role you will need to communicate well and multi-task under tight deadlines. Experience in excellent customer service is an asset in this position. If you’re a team player and a problem solver, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure that our relationships with internal customers are strong, positive and engaging.
Liaison between UK-Based Staff and Post, assisting Community Liaison Officer and the rest of Corporate Services Team.The incumbent shall also be the point person on the implementation of the Embassy’s Health & Safety procedures.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Staff will be part of the MIMO group and will coordinate with CSM, CLO, CSO-Protocol, and ISS on the move-in and move-out process of the UK based staff.
- Ensures proper implementation of post housing policy and keep this up-to-date in accordance to post needs.
- In coordination with CSM, prepares the induction programme for UK based staff.
- Supports decision on properly selection and allocation for UK based staff.
- Ensures that once ISS and CLO identifies the accommodation for the incoming officer, the CSO Estates must be able to secure authorization letters for building access and other related matters to ensure smooth transition.
- Responsible for checking that Pyramid is up to date.
- In coordination with ISS, the CSO Estates will monitor and ensure that monthly utility bills and rental fees are paid on time.
- As part of the marching out process, the CSO Estates should be able to ensure that leavers checklists has been completed by the UK based staff. This will be in close coordination with CSO-Protocol, CLO and CSM.
- Update of UKB headcount and other officers under duty of care.
- Update of property list and emergency supplies.
- Prepare letter of guarantee for temporary accommodations.
Health & Safety
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation/FCO standards.
- Carry out risk assessments consider hazards/risks and suggest improvements.
- Outline safe systems of work and operational procedures.
- Carry out Display Screen Assessments and identify and implement remedial action.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Prepare health and safety strategies, Emergency Plans and develop internal policies.
- Identify health and safety issues and risks and ensure senior management are aware for corrective action.
- Record and investigate incidents and accidents and take necessary actions.
- Monitor planned preventive maintenance activities as per Property Compliance Assessment recommendations in embassy properties and UKBS accommodations.
- Main point of contact in completing risk assessment forms.
- Support Security Manager in liaising with relevant state governments such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Customs, MMDA, LTO etc.
- Experience in estate management
- Can demonstrate experience in customer service or engaging with a range of internal customers
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Can support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Strong teamwork and collaborating skills
- Effective communication skills including when under pressure
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation for the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
All applications must be received before 23:55 local time at the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful clearance of pre-employment/security checks.
This opportunity is closed to applications.