View Vacancy - Corporate Services Helpdesk Officer A2 (39/19 ADD)
Main purpose of job:
This is an exciting opportunity on the front line of the British Embassy Corporate Services (CS) team. Delivering excellence in customer service you will work closely with the Managers of the Estates, Maintenance and Technical, Transport, IT, Finance, HR and Protocol teams ensuring services are delivered to agreed times. You will ensure there is timely and clear communication to the customer to ensure realistic expectations and no surprises. Through developing good relationships across the Embassy you will be expected to manage difficult customers while maintaining high service standards.
The successful candidate will be a good team worker with a proven track record of Customer Service Management including the ability to communicate difficult messages and to manage customer expectations.
Roles and responsibilities:
The job holder will be expected to achieve improved customer satisfaction with corporate services though evidenced based statistics and clear communication. In order to achieve this the job holder will;
- Ensure policies are compliant with central guidance and communicated clearly to customers (including briefing for new staff).
- Receive and log all service requests, pass to the relevant department, respond to the customer with expected delivery time, track progress and keep the customer informed of progress (including negotiation for access when necessary and information about delays or problems). Seek feedback on the service provided.
- Collate and analyse evidence based statistics to inform continuous improvements to service delivery and to evidence consistent delivery of services to all stakeholders that are policy compliant.
- Complaints handling, investigate the cause and respond keeping the CS management team informed. Analyse trends and suggest solutions to avoid repeat problems.
- Provide regular evidenced feedback to CS management team on team leader’s performance. Provide regular evidenced feedback to team leaders on the perception of the performance of their team from the customer base.
- The job holder will also be the central inventory holder – responsible for designing a stock request form, updating inventories and doing regular checks to account for CS assets and stocks.
- Degree in business or hotel management
- Ability to work with Outlook, Word, Excel
- Fluent English
- Experience of Customer Service Management in a commercial environment essential, experience of logistics management
- Knowledge of Amharic is desirable
The standard working hours of the British Embassy for office staff are 0800-1645 Monday-Thursday and 0800-1300 on Fridays.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The successful candidate will get access to a range of learning and development opportunities, including on the job training and workshops. They will also be able to benefit from the wide range of training run by the British Embassy including on management, leadership and cross-cultural communication.
Annual Leave and Public Holidays:
Locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to paid annual leave as follows:
Up to 2 years 22 days
After 2 years services 25 days
After 5 years services 30 days
In addition to annual leave, the British Embassy observes up to a maximum number of 14 Ethiopian, British and Religious public holidays each year. A list of such Embassy holidays will be published each year. Office Staff required to work on these holidays will be granted time off in lieu or overtime where circumstances permit.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
o Obtain the relevant permit
o Pay the fees for the permit
o Make arrangements to relocate
o Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.